in service call center form when the user pick part from other site/plant
(when click save button in the form.)

1/Is it possible to catch this exception and change the message from
“Mesage1 …”
to
“Mesage1. Please contact Head office to fix it”

I could not find bpm the error message in PreProcessing of
ServiceCallCenter.Update

2/ is there a configuration file for listing all error message?

Exception//=====================================================

Mesage1

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Description: Mesage1
Program: Erp.Services.BO.ServiceCallCenter.dll
Method: FSCallDtBeforeUpdate
Line Number: 3334
Column Number: 21
Table: FSCallDt

May you should try this on customization

Try
{
your code
}
catch(excepiton ex)
{
throw new exception(“Mesage1. Please contact Head office to fix it”)
}

If you are on-premise or DT you have access to the Language Maintenance UI which allows you to adjust the message strings presented to your users. There are two utilities for adjusting the text - one that works specifically for the static labels and text presented on each UI and one that allows you to adjust error messages originating in code.

Sounds like the string you are attempting to adjust is a code generated message and to change that text you would use the the Language Maintenance UI found under the System Setup > System Maintenance menu. The Utility is not entirely straight forward but the steps to do what you want are:

Run Language Maintenance UI
Enter ENU for language ID
Click on “Translations” Sheet tab
Click on the “Get Translations” button - Black button under sheet tabs
Click on the “List” Sheet tab under the Get Translations button

You will be presented with a list of translations and three filter options. Use the “Original Text” filter option to find the Message you want to adjust - you only need to enter the part of the text that makes it unique or more unique.

Select the Line with the Message you want to update. You can now adjust the text either in the grid or on the “Detall” sheet (first one). You need to leave the Original Text alone and update the “Translated Text” column with the verbiage you want to use instead of the Original Text.

When updating the Translated Text, be very careful not to remove any substitution references like {0} or ‘{1}’. You can move them around in the string but you should maintain the same substitutions as found in the Original Text.

4 Likes

Not that I have anything to change right now, but does that language have to be “installed”? Or does that pick up up since it’s the default language?

Default Language is ENU and is installed as base. Other language packs would have to be installed and are either included with the CSF or can be purchased.

Even though ENU is the base since we treat it the same as any other language it is possible to provide a “Translated” value that can be adjusted to better suite your need / business.

The reason that I ask is when I search, if the installed check box is check, nothing returns.

I actually didn’t try the search - the Tech Support system I am playing with has 33 languages.

I just entered ENU in the text box and tabbed out.

1 Like

Also had the same result

Also this did work.

Inadvertently found a bug nice work lol!

1 Like

Language packs are usually purchased and you have to load them through a maintenance screen. It can change the whole layout of the screens and messages. It is delivered as an XML file that is imported. You usually gain access to it after purchasing. We have the French pack for our site in France.

Rich, you’re absolute champion.

Just want to add, check your language first
so you modified the correct language for your epicor installation.

You could be using ena or enc or eng and etc. To check
1/ click on menu help>about on any epicor form
2/ click on system info button
3/ click on Software Environment (tab) and scroll down to Language.

1 Like