Changing PO "Buy For"

Is it possible to somehow change the “buy for” from “Other” to “Job Material”?

I am setting up jobs after the PO has been generated, would like to tie them to the specific job, but it’s grayed out on the PO.

Do I have to create new line items, then delete the old? If so, that really sucks.

It’s soooo frustrating hitting brick walls when you have to make a change to something in Epicor.

Hopefully I am just missing something stupid and I can unlock the grayed out stuff and change it?

is the quantity bearing checkbox checked in part maintenance?

1 Like

If the PO is closed, you need to reopen the whole thing (Header, Line, and Release).

Additionally, if it is approved you need to unapprove it.

I don’t actually believe that Epicor lets you change it.

What I’ve done in the past for items ordered early is use planning contract. These allow you to “allocate” (not in the strict Epicor terms) items to a contract, then connect the PO and the Job to the same planning contract. They are loosely linked then. Check out this thread. If you are used to buying direct to the job (as in you don’t need to see them in inventory at specific bin locations) it could work really well for you.

Expanding on this, sort of off topic - but Job related -

Once I schedule a job, can I make edits to it after the fact? Or does everything have to be complete as far as materials, operations, etc before scheduling?

You can change them. There are some settings on allow setting when engineered etc. But as long as there aren’t transactions on whatever is it you are changing, you can make changes.