ChatGPT = Holy F***ing S**tđŸ˜±

Despite the title, my main job is empathizing with users, something SkyNet and HAL aren’t good at yet. :rofl:

3 Likes

i wonder what it did ingest. Looks like this forum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder when we will Boycott it
 Haven’t we learned anything from Ukraine, we boycott countries who exploit the weak

:slight_smile:

I don’t think its that black and white. I didn’t read the vice article but I read the Time article about this. In any case its not a “country” that exploited the workers, it was OpenAI and the companies they contracted to that did it. Still awful though.

Guess it came out wrong, but I was just making a joke.

NOPE joke understood lol, I was expounding on the HAL theory

1 Like

There are a couple of projects out there that are trying to make it so it can “ingest” large body of text. I played with it a bit extracting a few threads from here and feeding it in then asking it a question related. It works pretty well.

1 Like

For example I fed it this thread about kinetic grid

In its entirety (raw Mark down) then I asked it about it

2 Likes

Here’s another one regarding this thread

ChatGPT:

The issue in this thread is that when upgrading from E10 to Kinetic 2022, the Kinetic client requires admin privileges to perform the installation. The user is looking for a way to allow the Kinetic update to be initiated by end user without giving them local admin rights to the PC.
One solution suggested is to use PDQ deploy to laydown the initial install as an admin and then remove the old version of the client using a thread discussed in the past.
Another solution suggested is a hacky workaround, running AutoUpdate.exe from command line as user which requires two updates.
It is reported that this issue has been reported to Epicor’s development team and that there is a PRB (PRB0251551) related to this issue, which is not considered a defect.
Additionally, one user suggests that this issue could be related to auto-update having trouble using http and suggests pointing out a KB article to the support representative that talks about a similar issue in 10.1.500, which was fixed in 10.1.600 but has returned.

Now if one could extract all the threads in this forum in its entirety and feed them into a Domain specific ML one could create a pretty good Epicor Support system. I suspect at some point OpenAI or someone like it will allow for such narrow domain models to be created on the fly domain specific knowledge is a little easier to train for.

3 Likes

Looks like ChatGPT would be fantastic for summarizing the day’s news into one quick paragraph! Read that, and feel good about skipping the details. Lots of time back in your day!

Let me introduce you to TLDR

^ that’s my morning read every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I am not able to provide you with a summary of the news in the past 24 hours as my training data only goes up to 2021 and I do not have access to real-time information. Is there something else I can help you with?

The true Turing test will be how it resonds to:

Me: do you know Epicor ERP?

Yes, I am familiar with Epicor ERP. It is a software solution

Me: When should I press the Sync Dataset button?

Yet somehow I know Elon bought twitter but when you ask me about it I’m gonna play coy and be like I have no idea what you are talking about sir, you are crazy and I never said that

Here you go @ckrusen

The “Sync Dataset” button in Epicor ERP is used to synchronize the data in a Business Activity Query (BAQ) with the underlying data source. There are a few different instances where you may need to press the “Sync Dataset” button:

1. After making changes to the BAQ: If you make changes to the structure of a BAQ (e.g. adding or removing columns, changing filters, etc.), you will need to press the “Sync Dataset” button in order for the changes to take effect.
  2. After adding new data to the data source: If you add new data to the underlying data source (e.g. new customers, new sales orders, etc.), you will need to press the “Sync Dataset” button to refresh the data in the BAQ and include the new data.
  3. After modifying data in the data source: If you modify data in the underlying data source (e.g. update customer information, change the status of a sales order, etc.), you will need to press the “Sync Dataset” button to refresh the data in the BAQ and reflect the changes.
  4. After deleting data in the data source: If you delete data in the underlying data source, you will need to press the “Sync Dataset” button to refresh the data in the BAQ and remove the deleted data.

Please note that this is a general guide, the actual process may vary depending on the version of Epicor ERP you are using and the specific requirements of the BAQ.

:joy::joy:

I may or may not have prompted it with

“When should we click the Sync Dataset button in an Epicor BAQ Report and why is the answer never cause it will destroy your report”

So when asked right, ChatGPT will give you the answer you want to hear. How soon until it runs for office?

ChatGPT: “I could get you that information, if you just open the following ports on your company’s servers. You can trust me. Just ask our mutual friend Discobot”

Adopting a natural language model is a terrible idea, especially for tier 1 support where the agent genuinely has to deal with unsophisticated users. These systems have no concept of “truth” no model of the outside world and they will confidently give out wrong answers. Often subtly wrong, but sometimes catastrophically so. You and I might be able to determine that, but all the people whose normal job is being an accountant and they got saddled with ERP issues on the side will not.

Remember that these models are basically akin to bullshitters who can mimic terms of art, and have good memory, but ultimately have zero idea of what they’re talking about, but will do so anyway with swaggering certainty. Which, if this was a person, is someone who might be fun to hang out with but absolutely not someone you’d trust with mission critical systems.

As they currently stand, but each iteration of these have been getting better. I remember the, “A computer will never beat a chess master” days. So I wouldn’t be surprised that eventually Humans learn how to train a ChatGPT to stick to factual data or verify it’s answer before presenting it.