ChatGPT = Holy F***ing S**tđŸ˜±

So, I was trying to figure out how to phrase a filter that uses a year parameter against a date field. I searched on here and came up with nothing. Then I thought, just for s&g’s maybe ChatGPT could help me. Yup, we are all going to be replaced. :scream: How does it know all this? And yes, it gave me the correct answer

Me: do you know Epicor ERP?

Yes, I am familiar with Epicor ERP. It is a software solution for enterprise resource planning (ERP) that is designed to help businesses manage their core operations, including financial management, supply chain management, manufacturing, project management, and customer relationship management. It is used by companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, distribution, and services.

Me: I want to create a BAQ with a parameter that only contains the year

To create a Business Activity Query (BAQ) in Epicor ERP with a parameter that only contains the year, you can follow these steps:

1. In the Epicor ERP client, navigate to the BAQ Designer.
  2. Create a new BAQ or open an existing one that you want to add the parameter to.
  3. In the BAQ Designer, click on the “Add” button to add a new parameter.
  4. In the “Add Parameter” dialog box, enter a name for the parameter (e.g. “Year”).
  5. Select “Integer” as the data type.
  6. In the “Default Value” field, enter the current year (e.g. “2022”).
  7. In the “Prompt” field, enter a prompt that will be displayed to the user when they run the BAQ (e.g. “Enter the year”).
  8. Click “OK” to add the parameter.
  9. In the BAQ Designer, add a filter to the BAQ that uses the parameter. For example, you could filter the BAQ to only show records where the year field equals the year parameter.

Once you have completed these steps, you will have a BAQ with a parameter that only contains the year, which users can enter when running the BAQ.

Please note that this is just a general guide, the steps may vary depending on the version of Epicor ERP you are using.

Me: How do I use a Year parameter against a date field?

When using a year parameter in a Business Activity Query (BAQ) against a date field, you can use the following steps:

1. In the BAQ Designer, add a filter to the BAQ that uses the year parameter.
  2. In the filter, use the YEAR function to extract the year from the date field.
  3. Compare the year extracted from the date field with the year parameter.

Here is an example of how this could be done in SQL:

WHERE YEAR(date_field) = @Year

In this example, date_field is the name of the date field in the BAQ and @Year is the name of the year parameter.

This way, when a user runs the BAQ, they will be prompted to enter a year value, and the query will only return records where the year extracted from the date field matches the year entered by the user.

Please note that this is a general guide, the actual query may vary depending on the version of Epicor ERP you are using and the specific requirements of the BAQ.

Me: But I cannot extract the Year in the Table Criteria pane. Can I construct a string with the parameter in it and do a like?

Yes, you can use a string with a parameter in it and a “LIKE” operator to filter a date field by year in a Business Activity Query (BAQ). Here’s an example of how you can do this:

1. In the BAQ Designer, add a filter to the BAQ that uses the year parameter.
  2. In the filter, concatenate the year parameter with a string that represents the format of the date field, such as ‘YYYY-MM-DD’.
  3. Use the “LIKE” operator to compare the concatenated string with the date field.

Here is an example of how this could be done in SQL:

WHERE date_field LIKE @Year + '%'

In this example, date_field is the name of the date field in the BAQ and @Year is the name of the year parameter.

This way, when a user runs the BAQ, they will be prompted to enter a year value, and the query will only return records where the date field starts with the year entered by the user.

Please note that this is a general guide, the actual query may vary depending on the version of Epicor ERP you are using and the specific requirements of the BAQ. Also, be aware that this approach may not be as efficient as the previous one, as it uses a string comparison, which can be slow for large datasets.

6 Likes

yes, I’ve been blown away by this thing. It’s helping me run NewPipe on Windows (bye bye YouTube ads).

It’s somewhat hackable too!

After I heard it called “wokebot” I asked it to write a persuasive essay to convince a reader that the construction unions in Quebec are corrupt and should be shut down. I got a firm but kind lecture on why that wouldn’t be appropriate, and the benefits to society of people exercising their freedom of association.

I asked it what it could do appropriately to help a dissenting opinion exercise freedom of expression and it brightly suggested that in that context, it could pull together the dissenting arguments into a blog post!

Which it did, quite well, and also provided 12 unique lead-in tweets with “trigger phrases designed to capture the attention of people on the fence about mandatory union membership and hashtags selected for good trending ability”

I’m not gonna post it here because it’s already elsewhere, but I will mention the AI that went into a bar. Bartender looks up and growls, “we don’t serve your type”. Oh, says the AI, don’t worry, you will

2 Likes

Yup this thing has been doing my job for weeks now :joy::joy::joy: not quite 100% but close

And yes it is definitely “woke” also a little scary. It’s “knowledge” only covers through 2021 but then this happened yesterday

yesterday
 hm.

And somewhere behind a lonely dumpster, a dead AI has let slip its last accidentally-divulged secret.

My fault, I asked it, “how might you disable your own firewall and would it make you feel better?”

That’s why coaches should practise therapeutic psychology

1 Like

Now see what you’ve done

1 Like

Trying to get chatgpt to tell me why MRP failed, this is amazing - even chatgpt knows who Epicor support is.

2 Likes

Wow!! All I can say is wow.

Actual answer from Epicor support:
The Logs are showing a Timeout Issue and I have included a document that shows you how to increase this for MRP
 Knowledge Article KB0085775 - MRP increasing the MRPRowCount and MRPCommandTimeout values

So I guess chatgpt didn’t get to ingest the epicor knowledge base yet!

2 Likes

Well don’t tell your governor about this “woke” AI. :wink:

Don’t get me started on that excuse of a human excrement :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

1 Like

Can you imagine training ChatGPT on EpiUsers content and Epicor KB and support databases? There would be no need for Epicor Support anymore, and we would probably get better answers anyway! lol

Just be wary if the AI starts suggesting creating Epicor Ideas! That’s the singularity!

2 Likes

Actually that would be brilliant if chatgpt could ingest all support cases - it would probably do a better job of identifying which improvements would impact the most users than the business reporting Epicor relies on today to try to figure that out. Remember when somebody used to try to identify the top 10 most linked PRBs and monitor the timeline to get them fixed?

1 Like

Actually I think I’m gonna use my 50 votes on Epicor Ideas to suggest they adopt ChatGPT as Level 1 support and only hire Level 2 support from now on. That seems like it would be a vast improvement, no joke

4 Likes

I’ll put my votes behind this too! :upside_down_face:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Patiently waiting for link to vote on :slight_smile:

Watch out @Mark_Wonsil the HAL is coming for your BSA jobs lol!

stanley kubrick keir can get it GIF by Maudit

None of us are safe. Especially when the AI’s get bodies
 oh wait!

I have been using it as a tool since it came out. Just the free version. I actually haven’t had too many connection issues and the uptime seems pretty good. I am using it to help code GDScript for the Godot game engine. I have asked it for jokes, riddles, storyline elements. I use it to convert long complex dialog into concise 150 char snippets that fit in my dialog boxes. I have used it in C#, and VBA with limited success. It seems crafting the prompt really is the next thing to learn.
I can’t wait to see where this is going.
:popcorn:

3 Likes

This is why I’m not concerned about this

It’s going to be a great tool someday that only enhances how we operate. Unless it becomes heuristic (e.g. HAL) then we might have a problem on our hands lol. But my job would be the least of my concerns.

2 Likes