Clickable Link in Dashboard

Is it possible to make a URL a clickable link in a dashboard?

We have a third-party SaaS for part forecasting. It generates a unique URL for each part using a combination of a fixed string and an item number we have stored in E10. We can generate the URL for each part using a calculated field in a BAQ. It would be an efficiency gain if our buyers could just click on that URL and launch the website, rather than copy/pasting the value into a browser or through the usual browsing method.

Is there any way for the URL to be a “live” clickable link in the dashboard? Or does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

We are on prem, 10.2.600.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve done something similar using PO’s and SharePoint.

On the dashboard there is a URL/XSLT option. The Dashboard column that has the URL is a publisher and the URL/XSLT tracker is a subscriber.

As the user selects a row, the web page of the URL gets displayed below.

Not sure about the the clickable link part but this worked for me.

Fernando - That might be even better than a clickable link! I completely missed that as an option. Thank you!

1 Like

@lizb here a thread on how to do it as a link if the embedded browser has issues. I had to add some tracking links recently since my versions embedded browser had some outdated IE components and a windows update caused issues.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks Greg! I didn’t find that earlier. Good to have options!

Just as another option, this is some fairly simple code to make a field into a hyperlink:

using System;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Diagnostics;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Ice.BO;
using Ice.UI;
using Ice.Lib;
using Ice.Adapters;
using Ice.Lib.Customization;
using Ice.Lib.ExtendedProps;
using Ice.Lib.Framework;
using Ice.Lib.Searches;
using Ice.UI.FormFunctions;

public class Script
{
       EpiUltraGrid grid1;

public void InitializeCustomCode()
	{
          this.grid1 = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("***CONTROL_REFERENCE_NUMBER***");
	}

public void DestroyCustomCode()
	{
                   this.grid1 = null;
	}

private void MainController_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
       {
          grid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["COLUMN_NAME"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.URL;    
       }
}   

1 Like

Pretty sweet Todd!