Combining Materials

We’re on version 9.05.702A.  We, too, have subassemblies that can be sold separately or as part of a kit.  Jobs would be entered in a manner that the subassembly is listed in the materials section, which requires them to be issued to the job.  The subassemblies are being produced on a separate job, then are supposed to be manually issued to the job of the top assembly.  Often times, that hasn’t been completed in a timely manner, throwing costs into different periods than where they belong.

What we’ve decided to do is enter the subassembly job as a make to stock and have them auto received into inventory on final operation.  Then we’re going to backflush the material line of the top assembly on final operation as well.  We also have lot tracking, but with our lot numbers essentially being the same as the job number, we’re able to track where they came from.  This allows us to change the part setup to FIFO without lot tracking and add backflush.  We’re just implementing this, so no results are available at this time.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

----------------

Bill Kingsley

Controller

Compulink Corp.

ComDesign Inc.

Voice (727) 578-6503

Fax (727) 578-0120

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 1:37 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Combining Materials

Unless you have a ton of materials for each assemblies, you could always issues everything, but then go back and zero those you don’t want issued.

Only helpful if there aren’t a ton of materials on the subassembly.

You never know, someone on the list might have come up with something clever to help you out!

Manasa

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 12:28 PM

Unless I am doing something wrong, the mass issue will only allow me to issue at the subassembly level. I need to issue the materials underneath the subassemblies.

I have never created an updatable dashboard but, I will try this option to see if it helps.

Unfortunately, we cannot back flush because we lot track everything.

Thank you for responding Manasa.

Millicent

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 12:35 PM

First what version are you on?

Second, I speak for versions before 10.
Out of the box there is no way to do this. That said, have you looked at mass issue? You can actually control what is issued on this screen. You don't have to issue all parts on the job. Another tool to look at is possible writing an updatable dashboard to handle the transactions.

One more idea to look at is POSSIBLY making these parts back flushable. But this is an all or nothing feature meaning you only either back flush the part all the time regardless of the job or you don't.

Manasa

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 11:25 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Combining Materials

I have a top level that has several subassemblies. The subassemblies can be ordered individually or a customer can order a complete system. When the materials are issued, right now we are having to issue the same 7-8 parts to all of the different subassemblies. Is there a way to combine the materials on the top level without manually adding them up?

Millicent

This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged. Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."

I have a top level that has several subassemblies. The subassemblies can be ordered individually or a customer can order a complete system. When the materials are issued, right now we are having to issue the same 7-8 parts to all of the different subassemblies.  Is there a way to combine the materials on the top level without manually adding them up?

Millicent

This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged. Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.

Out of the box there is no way to do this.  That said, have you looked at mass issue?  You can actually control what is issued on this screen.  You don’t have to issue all parts on the job.  Another tool to look at is possible writing an updatable dashboard to handle the transactions. 

One more idea to look at is POSSIBLY making these parts back flushable.  But this is an all or nothing feature meaning you only either back flush the part all the time regardless of the job or you don’t.

Manasa

I have a top level that has several subassemblies. The subassemblies can be ordered individually or a customer can order a complete system. When the materials are issued, right now we are having to issue the same 7-8 parts to all of the different subassemblies.  Is there a way to combine the materials on the top level without manually adding them up?

Millicent

Epicor 9.05

Out of the box there is no way to do this. That said, have you looked at mass issue? You can actually control what is issued on this screen. You don't have to issue all parts on the job. Another tool to look at is possible writing an updatable dashboard to handle the transactions.

One more idea to look at is POSSIBLY making these parts back flushable. But this is an all or nothing feature meaning you only either back flush the part all the time regardless of the job or you don't.

Manasa

I have a top level that has several subassemblies. The subassemblies can be ordered individually or a customer can order a complete system. When the materials are issued, right now we are having to issue the same 7-8 parts to all of the different subassemblies. Is there a way to combine the materials on the top level without manually adding them up?

Millicent

Unless I am doing something wrong, the mass issue will only allow me to issue at the subassembly level. I need to issue the materials underneath the subassemblies.

I have never created an updatable dashboard but, I will try this option to see if it helps.

Millicent

Manasa

Millicent

Unless you have a ton of materials for each assemblies, you could always issues everything, but then go back and zero those you don’t want issued.

Only helpful if there aren’t a ton of materials on the subassembly.

You never know, someone on the list might have come up with something clever to help you out!

Manasa

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 12:28 PM

Millicent

Manasa

Millicent