Configurator and Discount Price Lists

We have a Configurator that creates part number from one of 8 available for this product. A colleague has just created a Discount Price List for one of these part numbers. When we manually enter an order the Discount Price List activates when part number and quantity are entered, yet if the part number and quantity are changed via the Configurator the price lists fail to update.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what was the solution?

Our part number was created with a Smart String. I’ve tried removing the Smart String and changing the part number via a Document Rule in the configurator. No dice. I looked at coding a Document rule to trigger the ChangePartNumMaster method of SalesOrder but I don’t seem to be able to add a reference to adapters in the Document Rule code.

I’m sure there has to be an easy solution to this. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Hey Ryan,

I’m fairly certain that the Configurator has its own pricing capability. If you want to use the Price List, you could create a UD Method (Server) that looks up the price and sets an Input. That makes it visible during configuration. Then create a Document Rule setting the price to that Input. That will put it on your Quote or Sales Order.

Mark W.

Thanks for the speedy reply Mark.

Yes, we create our unit price and quantity with Document Rules based on configurator input. But changing these on the SalesOrder form via configurator doesn’t bring in our discount price list. The trouble we have is we want to offer certain customers additional discount for a certain product and Discount Price Lists suit this need perfectly. If we create our part, price and quantity through the configurator no price list is associated with the desired part. If we then manually change the part number or quantity the discount price list updates.

Our aim is to make this price list discount happen automatically on configurator completion.

Yeah, I think configurator pricing is sticky. Again, you should be able to whip up a Product Configurator UD method and do it in the configurator to get this working.