Configurator Price from Price Lists

I would go back to an earlier suggestion and break things down into manageable pieces. Start with a NON-Configurator stock part that has a MOM (operation standards, materials WITH costs) and see how the numbers behave. If you do not see numbers on a stock part than there are setup issues unrelated to the configurator. If you see numbers compare this MOM with the MOM created by the configurator and see where there are differences.

Materials costs will use whatever costing method is in effect for that part. Labor costs come from the rates set on the operations, there are separate ones for quoting and for production. Not uncommon for the quote ones not to get setup.

Once you get a stock part with a MOM showing costs than move onto working with the configurator.

A common trip up is not getting all the pieces of the MOM worked out before moving onto working with the configurator. Work through all the costing issues manually before having the configurator alter them programmatically.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@...> wrote:
>
> Ok thanks, i understand that. My question for scenario two though is where is it looking up the price? If i am average costing my material, it should just pull the average cost from all the times i purchased that material? Also for scenario two i am not seeing my labor costs show up anywhere. Do i have select something in the configurator to make this show up? I have a simple scenario where i set my MOM at a fixed number of hours, even when i test inputs it gives me a $0 cost.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> >
> > There still needs to be some more division in your thinking to separate out what the configurator does and what the worksheet does.
> >
> > Scenario 1, NO PRICING FROM CONFIGURATOR
> > The configurator can alter your MOM (method of manufacturing), this will drive the values that appear on the quote worksheet after you do a get details. Based on these values you apply a markup (manually) and it arrives at a price. You can copy this price to your quote line. (people have automated this process via BPMs and embedded) It will replace the current price regardless of how it was created. It does not take into consideration anything other than the MOM. While the MOM was created by the rules on the configurator, the configurator itself does NOT otherwise impact the worksheet.
> >
> > Scenario 2, Configurator calculates the price.
> > The configurator alters your MOM as before but also calculates the price and passes it back to the quote. The configurator can calculate price just about any way you want. It can do component pricing which will take the materials on MOM and look-up their price. You can also apply any algorithm you like to calculate the price. When this price is passed back to the quote line normally the quote worksheet is NOT used as the configurator calculated your price. As mentioned above if you use the worksheet you are overriding anything price related passed back by the configurator.
> >
> > Jim Kinneman
> > Encompass Solutions, Inc
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > >
> > > So i managed to get the worksheet portion of Quote management showing me the numbers for labor hours and i think for material. But i still can't get any numbers to generate on my the line detail sheet of the quote entry or when doing test rules in the configurator. It's not looking at any of the labor associated with the part. I'm not live yet so i don't have material data, but i do have quoting labor/burden hours set for each operation. That information should show up and add some costs to the configured part, right?
> > >
> > > -Bobby
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.
> > > >
> > > > 1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?
> > > >
> > > > 2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?
> > > >
> > > > Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Bobby
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
> > > > >
> > > > > The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
> > > > >
> > > > > The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
> > > > >
> > > > > If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
> > > > >
> > > > > Jim Kinneman
> > > > > Encompass Solutions, Inc
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Hello,

I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.

I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.

Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?

Tom
Hi Tom,

In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.

regards,

Steve

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "netrippers" <netrippers@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
>
> I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
>
> Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
>
> Tom
>
Thank you very much. That makes it work.

I will let Epicor know so they can added it to the configurator technical instructions for the next person

Tom

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "spmyers7582" <smyers@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
>
> regards,
>
> Steve
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> >
> > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> >
> > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> >
> > Tom
> >
>
After you get the pricing fixed - have you tried turning a quote into a
sales order with a configured part?

It will transferred the configured part but, we cannot use Order Job Wizard
to create the job.

Anyone have a problem with this?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
netrippers
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:23 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Configurator Price from Price Lists

Thank you very much. That makes it work.

I will let Epicor know so they can added it to the configurator technical
instructions for the next person

Tom

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"spmyers7582" <smyers@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create
general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab.
Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
>
> regards,
>
> Steve
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a
price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible
but haven't been able to get this to work.
> >
> > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the
configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied
the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the
quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration
that is selected.
> >
> > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the
price list?
> >
> > Tom
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Need some help on the same topic. I have a very large configurator with many parts and I want it to update the quote with pricing information. I do actions-> quote line -> get details, and it updates the production/setup hours needed, but it doesn't put anything in the Burden,labor, material, subcontract, material burden fields. I have the Pricing/ Options/use component pricing selected and i updated the pricing/general/quote with <component Pricing> but i'm not getting anything??

Also is there anyway around having to go to actions-> quote line -> get details?

Thanks in advance.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "spmyers7582" <smyers@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
>
> regards,
>
> Steve
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> >
> > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> >
> > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> >
> > Tom
> >
>
Two different items.

The values for burden, labor etc come directly from the operations and materials. Do these have labor and materials costs associated with them? Also does the operation have a production standard, if it is zero than the operation cost would be zero. The price on this page will not be related to the component price but will be a roll-up of the costs. The price is not copied to the quote line unless you actively copy it.

The component pricing is where the configuration determines the price, it is not related to the pricing and costing information on the worksheet. The configurator will use the price of the components to arrive at a price which can set the price on the quote.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc.

>
> Need some help on the same topic. I have a very large configurator with many parts and I want it to update the quote with pricing information. I do actions-> quote line -> get details, and it updates the production/setup hours needed, but it doesn't put anything in the Burden,labor, material, subcontract, material burden fields. I have the Pricing/ Options/use component pricing selected and i updated the pricing/general/quote with <component Pricing> but i'm not getting anything??
>
> Also is there anyway around having to go to actions-> quote line -> get details?
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "spmyers7582" <smyers@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> > >
> > > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> > >
> > > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> > >
> > > Tom
> > >
> >
>
I do have a production standard entered and I have pay rates entered for Quoting and Costing under the resource groups. When I Do get details it will show the expected number of hours, but it doesn't populate any labor/material/burden fields.

It sounds like what i want is component pricing. B/c I just want the configurator to pull pricing based on the BOM. Just to make sure I understand where the pricing comes from, if i have my parts average costed, then it pulls the average price based on the my purchase prices for it, right?

Also will I need a BPM on the quote to move this price from the pricing worksheet to the actual quote?

Thanks for all your help so far Jim.

-Bobby

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> Two different items.
>
> The values for burden, labor etc come directly from the operations and materials. Do these have labor and materials costs associated with them? Also does the operation have a production standard, if it is zero than the operation cost would be zero. The price on this page will not be related to the component price but will be a roll-up of the costs. The price is not copied to the quote line unless you actively copy it.
>
> The component pricing is where the configuration determines the price, it is not related to the pricing and costing information on the worksheet. The configurator will use the price of the components to arrive at a price which can set the price on the quote.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Encompass Solutions, Inc.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> >
> > Need some help on the same topic. I have a very large configurator with many parts and I want it to update the quote with pricing information. I do actions-> quote line -> get details, and it updates the production/setup hours needed, but it doesn't put anything in the Burden,labor, material, subcontract, material burden fields. I have the Pricing/ Options/use component pricing selected and i updated the pricing/general/quote with <component Pricing> but i'm not getting anything??
> >
> > Also is there anyway around having to go to actions-> quote line -> get details?
> >
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "spmyers7582" <smyers@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Tom,
> > >
> > > In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Steve
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> > > >
> > > > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> > > >
> > > > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> > > >
> > > > Tom
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Are you using the Rule Functions? (ie GetResourceID() , GetResourceGrpID()) Seems I had to do that to get mine to pull through. I create the Quote Quantities myself, based on calculations. I used ABL on the final Page On Leave.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ralmon64
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:10 PM

I do have a production standard entered and I have pay rates entered for Quoting and Costing under the resource groups. When I Do get details it will show the expected number of hours, but it doesn't populate any labor/material/burden fields.

It sounds like what i want is component pricing. B/c I just want the configurator to pull pricing based on the BOM. Just to make sure I understand where the pricing comes from, if i have my parts average costed, then it pulls the average price based on the my purchase prices for it, right?

Also will I need a BPM on the quote to move this price from the pricing worksheet to the actual quote?

Thanks for all your help so far Jim.

-Bobby

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...<mailto:jckinneman@...>> wrote:
>
> Two different items.
>
> The values for burden, labor etc come directly from the operations and materials. Do these have labor and materials costs associated with them? Also does the operation have a production standard, if it is zero than the operation cost would be zero. The price on this page will not be related to the component price but will be a roll-up of the costs. The price is not copied to the quote line unless you actively copy it.
>
> The component pricing is where the configuration determines the price, it is not related to the pricing and costing information on the worksheet. The configurator will use the price of the components to arrive at a price which can set the price on the quote.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Encompass Solutions, Inc.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> >
> > Need some help on the same topic. I have a very large configurator with many parts and I want it to update the quote with pricing information. I do actions-> quote line -> get details, and it updates the production/setup hours needed, but it doesn't put anything in the Burden,labor, material, subcontract, material burden fields. I have the Pricing/ Options/use component pricing selected and i updated the pricing/general/quote with <component Pricing> but i'm not getting anything??
> >
> > Also is there anyway around having to go to actions-> quote line -> get details?
> >
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "spmyers7582" <smyers@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Tom,
> > >
> > > In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Steve
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> > > >
> > > > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> > > >
> > > > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> > > >
> > > > Tom
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

No I am not using Rule Function functions for labor reporting resources. I have a tremendous amount of rules for parts, but the labor is much simpler since it is usually the same.

I really need to find a way to simplify the whole process to b/c my boss will be using it and I don't think he is going to take the time to do get details, then copy and past the pricing info over. I just need it pull all that info in and assign the part a value based on the configuration he selected. It needs to be component pricing though b/c I want it to pull from data generated by POs and RFQs not just set pricing data using the configurator.

Thanks.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, brenda mohr <brenda@...> wrote:
>
> Are you using the Rule Functions? (ie GetResourceID() , GetResourceGrpID()) Seems I had to do that to get mine to pull through. I create the Quote Quantities myself, based on calculations. I used ABL on the final Page On Leave.
>
> Brenda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ralmon64
> Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 1:10 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Configurator Price from Price Lists
>
>
>
> I do have a production standard entered and I have pay rates entered for Quoting and Costing under the resource groups. When I Do get details it will show the expected number of hours, but it doesn't populate any labor/material/burden fields.
>
> It sounds like what i want is component pricing. B/c I just want the configurator to pull pricing based on the BOM. Just to make sure I understand where the pricing comes from, if i have my parts average costed, then it pulls the average price based on the my purchase prices for it, right?
>
> Also will I need a BPM on the quote to move this price from the pricing worksheet to the actual quote?
>
> Thanks for all your help so far Jim.
>
> -Bobby
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@<mailto:jckinneman@>> wrote:
> >
> > Two different items.
> >
> > The values for burden, labor etc come directly from the operations and materials. Do these have labor and materials costs associated with them? Also does the operation have a production standard, if it is zero than the operation cost would be zero. The price on this page will not be related to the component price but will be a roll-up of the costs. The price is not copied to the quote line unless you actively copy it.
> >
> > The component pricing is where the configuration determines the price, it is not related to the pricing and costing information on the worksheet. The configurator will use the price of the components to arrive at a price which can set the price on the quote.
> >
> > Jim Kinneman
> > Encompass Solutions, Inc.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Need some help on the same topic. I have a very large configurator with many parts and I want it to update the quote with pricing information. I do actions-> quote line -> get details, and it updates the production/setup hours needed, but it doesn't put anything in the Burden,labor, material, subcontract, material burden fields. I have the Pricing/ Options/use component pricing selected and i updated the pricing/general/quote with <component Pricing> but i'm not getting anything??
> > >
> > > Also is there anyway around having to go to actions-> quote line -> get details?
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "spmyers7582" <smyers@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hi Tom,
> > > >
> > > > In addition to checking 'use component pricing', you also need to create general expressions for Order and Quote in the Pricing/General/Detail tab. Set each to <ComponentPricing>.
> > > >
> > > > regards,
> > > >
> > > > Steve
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "netrippers" <netrippers@> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hello,
> > > > >
> > > > > I am trying to build the sales price for a configurated part from a price list. The configurator tech reference guide says that this is possible but haven't been able to get this to work.
> > > > >
> > > > > I have configured the part and checked the use component pricing in the configurator. Then I have added the component parts to a price list and tied the price list to a customer group. When the configurator is run in the quoting process the sales price is not updated based on the configuration that is selected.
> > > > >
> > > > > Has anyone been able to build a configurated part price by using the price list?
> > > > >
> > > > > Tom
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.

The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.

The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.

If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc
Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.

1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?

2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?

Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.

Thanks,
Bobby

>
> I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
>
> The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
>
> The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
>
> If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Encompass Solutions, Inc
>
So i managed to get the worksheet portion of Quote management showing me the numbers for labor hours and i think for material. But i still can't get any numbers to generate on my the line detail sheet of the quote entry or when doing test rules in the configurator. It's not looking at any of the labor associated with the part. I'm not live yet so i don't have material data, but i do have quoting labor/burden hours set for each operation. That information should show up and add some costs to the configured part, right?

-Bobby

>
> Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.
>
> 1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?
>
> 2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?
>
> Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.
>
> Thanks,
> Bobby
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> >
> > I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
> >
> > The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
> >
> > The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
> >
> > If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
> >
> > Jim Kinneman
> > Encompass Solutions, Inc
> >
>
There still needs to be some more division in your thinking to separate out what the configurator does and what the worksheet does.

Scenario 1, NO PRICING FROM CONFIGURATOR
The configurator can alter your MOM (method of manufacturing), this will drive the values that appear on the quote worksheet after you do a get details. Based on these values you apply a markup (manually) and it arrives at a price. You can copy this price to your quote line. (people have automated this process via BPMs and embedded) It will replace the current price regardless of how it was created. It does not take into consideration anything other than the MOM. While the MOM was created by the rules on the configurator, the configurator itself does NOT otherwise impact the worksheet.

Scenario 2, Configurator calculates the price.
The configurator alters your MOM as before but also calculates the price and passes it back to the quote. The configurator can calculate price just about any way you want. It can do component pricing which will take the materials on MOM and look-up their price. You can also apply any algorithm you like to calculate the price. When this price is passed back to the quote line normally the quote worksheet is NOT used as the configurator calculated your price. As mentioned above if you use the worksheet you are overriding anything price related passed back by the configurator.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

>
> So i managed to get the worksheet portion of Quote management showing me the numbers for labor hours and i think for material. But i still can't get any numbers to generate on my the line detail sheet of the quote entry or when doing test rules in the configurator. It's not looking at any of the labor associated with the part. I'm not live yet so i don't have material data, but i do have quoting labor/burden hours set for each operation. That information should show up and add some costs to the configured part, right?
>
> -Bobby
>
> >
> > Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.
> >
> > 1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?
> >
> > 2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?
> >
> > Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bobby
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
> > >
> > > The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
> > >
> > > The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
> > >
> > > If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
> > >
> > > Jim Kinneman
> > > Encompass Solutions, Inc
> > >
> >
>
Ok thanks, i understand that. My question for scenario two though is where is it looking up the price? If i am average costing my material, it should just pull the average cost from all the times i purchased that material? Also for scenario two i am not seeing my labor costs show up anywhere. Do i have select something in the configurator to make this show up? I have a simple scenario where i set my MOM at a fixed number of hours, even when i test inputs it gives me a $0 cost.

>
> There still needs to be some more division in your thinking to separate out what the configurator does and what the worksheet does.
>
> Scenario 1, NO PRICING FROM CONFIGURATOR
> The configurator can alter your MOM (method of manufacturing), this will drive the values that appear on the quote worksheet after you do a get details. Based on these values you apply a markup (manually) and it arrives at a price. You can copy this price to your quote line. (people have automated this process via BPMs and embedded) It will replace the current price regardless of how it was created. It does not take into consideration anything other than the MOM. While the MOM was created by the rules on the configurator, the configurator itself does NOT otherwise impact the worksheet.
>
> Scenario 2, Configurator calculates the price.
> The configurator alters your MOM as before but also calculates the price and passes it back to the quote. The configurator can calculate price just about any way you want. It can do component pricing which will take the materials on MOM and look-up their price. You can also apply any algorithm you like to calculate the price. When this price is passed back to the quote line normally the quote worksheet is NOT used as the configurator calculated your price. As mentioned above if you use the worksheet you are overriding anything price related passed back by the configurator.
>
> Jim Kinneman
>
> >
> > So i managed to get the worksheet portion of Quote management showing me the numbers for labor hours and i think for material. But i still can't get any numbers to generate on my the line detail sheet of the quote entry or when doing test rules in the configurator. It's not looking at any of the labor associated with the part. I'm not live yet so i don't have material data, but i do have quoting labor/burden hours set for each operation. That information should show up and add some costs to the configured part, right?
> >
> > -Bobby
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.
> > >
> > > 1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?
> > >
> > > 2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?
> > >
> > > Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bobby
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
> > > >
> > > > The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
> > > >
> > > > The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
> > > >
> > > > If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Kinneman
> > > > Encompass Solutions, Inc
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
In my Method Rules on my Resources, I added the following rules to get things to populate. I would maybe add them one at a time, because I don't remember what I used for what - great techy terms I know...

Rule Functions

GetOpStandard()
GetResourceGrpID()
GetResourceID()
GetCapabilityID()

I did also set my CrewSize: This example was for setup. I did the same (but opposite) for Production.

Set Field QuoteOpDtl.SetUpCrewSize = myDfltCrewSize
Set Field QuoteOpDtl.ProdCrewSize = 0.00

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ralmon64
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:52 AM

Ok thanks, i understand that. My question for scenario two though is where is it looking up the price? If i am average costing my material, it should just pull the average cost from all the times i purchased that material? Also for scenario two i am not seeing my labor costs show up anywhere. Do i have select something in the configurator to make this show up? I have a simple scenario where i set my MOM at a fixed number of hours, even when i test inputs it gives me a $0 cost.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...<mailto:jckinneman@...>> wrote:
>
> There still needs to be some more division in your thinking to separate out what the configurator does and what the worksheet does.
>
> The configurator can alter your MOM (method of manufacturing), this will drive the values that appear on the quote worksheet after you do a get details. Based on these values you apply a markup (manually) and it arrives at a price. You can copy this price to your quote line. (people have automated this process via BPMs and embedded) It will replace the current price regardless of how it was created. It does not take into consideration anything other than the MOM. While the MOM was created by the rules on the configurator, the configurator itself does NOT otherwise impact the worksheet.
>
> The configurator alters your MOM as before but also calculates the price and passes it back to the quote. The configurator can calculate price just about any way you want. It can do component pricing which will take the materials on MOM and look-up their price. You can also apply any algorithm you like to calculate the price. When this price is passed back to the quote line normally the quote worksheet is NOT used as the configurator calculated your price. As mentioned above if you use the worksheet you are overriding anything price related passed back by the configurator.
>
> Jim Kinneman
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> >
> > So i managed to get the worksheet portion of Quote management showing me the numbers for labor hours and i think for material. But i still can't get any numbers to generate on my the line detail sheet of the quote entry or when doing test rules in the configurator. It's not looking at any of the labor associated with the part. I'm not live yet so i don't have material data, but i do have quoting labor/burden hours set for each operation. That information should show up and add some costs to the configured part, right?
> >
> > -Bobby
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok that helps clear it up some. I've read through the application help and the tech reference guide for the configurator, which leaves me with a few questions.
> > >
> > > 1. The way i had envisioned this working when discussing with epicor is that as we buy material that price is stored and averaged. Then when we go to build a configured part it pulls the averaged price for material listed in the BOM, sums it up and sets the price in quote. will the pricing work in this manner?
> > >
> > > 2. It talks about the order in which it pulls pricing from a pricelist linked to a customer, customer group, or the part master. How is this effectively maintained? Do i need to add pricing for each part i buy to these lists?
> > >
> > > Sorry i'm having such a hard time wrapping my head around this, but i want to get it working smooth and this is the one thing with the configurator i can't seem to figure out.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bobby
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I think there is still some confusion on pricing from the configurator and pricing from the worksheet. The two have very little in common.
> > > >
> > > > The configurator will set the price using the pricing rules you set up in the configurator. In the configurator you can use component pricing which will roll-up the price of the items used on the part. When testing the configurator you should see the price value pop up at the end of testing the configurator. If you do not see any prices come up than you need to take a closer look at how you have pricing setup in the configurator. Setting up pricing the first time isn't completely obvious so it may take a bit of playing around to get it right. If you don't have it get a copy of the Technical Reference manual for the Configurator and take a look at the pricing writeup.
> > > >
> > > > The price from the quote worksheet is completely different and has no relationship to the pricing set by the configurator. If you chose to take pricing from this sheet it will replace any pricing returned by the configurator. The pricing worksheet should take the values from the method of manufacturing regardless of how the MOM is created. After doing a Get details, check the operations for productions standards and also look at the materials and you should see what the cost of the material is. If there are no values here you'll need to dig into the materials/labor and see what values are associated with them. This isn't connected to the configurator except that the MOM was created by the configurator, after that standard functionality drives the cost. You might try using a stock part that has a MOM and see what values come through.
> > > >
> > > > If you want to automatically copy the pricing over to the quote from the worksheet, you can put in a button to copy it over once the user is happy. If you put a BPM on this say via the get details you would be automatically replacing any pricing from the configurator.
> > > >
> > > > Jim Kinneman
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Oh, and By The Way, it matters the order in which you do things.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of brenda mohr
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 9:13 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Configurator Price from Price Lists

In my Method Rules on my Resources, I added the following rules to get things to populate. I would maybe add them one at a time, because I don't remember what I used for what - great techy terms I know...

Rule Functions

GetOpStandard()
GetResourceGrpID()
GetResourceID()
GetCapabilityID()

I did also set my CrewSize: This example was for setup. I did the same (but opposite) for Production.

Set Field QuoteOpDtl.SetUpCrewSize = myDfltCrewSize
Set Field QuoteOpDtl.ProdCrewSize = 0.00

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of ralmon64
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 8:52 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...<mailto:jckinneman@...<mailto:jckinneman@...%3cmailto:jckinneman@...>>> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Jim Kinneman
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > -Bobby
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "ralmon64" <ralmon@> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Bobby
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Jim Kinneman
> > > >
> > >
> >
>