Copy to Excel

I have an issue with a few users in my network. Users are on Windows 10 Pro. all updates are current and using Office 365 with latest update as-well.

When the user select copy to excel on EPICOR10 nothing happens, i do not even see the process in task manager showing up.

On the same PC, i log in with another user and it works just fine.
I have given the trouble user local admin rights and that did not solve the issue.

I then tried another PC with the troubled user and it worked just fine.

I tried uninstalling Office, tried running that on 32bit and 64bit and nothing.

Running on E10.2.4

Any ideas?

A couple people have reported having luck with the “Hold Alt key…” trick

Hi Calvin
Thanks for that info, i tried pressing ALT, but the menu goes away.
Its very weird cause this works on the PC with other users and the user with issue is able to do this on another PC :frowning:

Does it depend on the E10 user or the user logged into the PC?

Say it doesn’t work when “Joe” logs into the computer with domain user id “acme\joe.blow”. Then launches E10, and logs into E10 as jblow.

Does it work if Joe is logged into the computer, but “Sally’s” userID is logged into E10?

Or if Sally logs into the computer , but then Joe’s userID is used for E10?

Just trying to see if its possible the computer user causing the issue.

After the troubleshooting i have done, it is depending on the user logged into the PC.

Joe logs into his PC with his E10 account and its a no go, Joe goes into E10 with Sally’s E10 account and its a no go.

Sally logs into Joe’s PC with her E10 account and it works. Sally then logs into E10 on Joe’s PC with Joe’s E10 credentials and it works.

Joe logs into Sally’s PC and uses his E10 account and it works. Joe tries Sally’s E10 account on Sally’s PC and it works too.

Sorry, it sounds like a riddle now lol

Try the old standby “clear client cache”?

And you need to delete all the files and sub folders in C:\ProgramData\Epicor\"joe"\

i have not tried that, trying that now…

It sounds to me like there is a problem in the Window User Profile for this user. I suggest copying all files from his profile to safeguard, then delete the users profile. When the user logs in again, a new user profile will be created and you can see if the problem is resolved. Then copy the user’s files back into the new profile.

Hi @danvoss
That is what i ended up doing. Not sure what happened on the profile, but after i recreated it it works now.
Thank you very much.

I keep having this problem as well with our users and the only thing that seems to work is deleting their windows profile. Since it is reoccurring after some time, this is not a reasonable solution. It takes a lot of time to recreated deleted windows profiles. Has someone come up with any other solution that doesn’t involve deleting a user’s profile?

Thanks