Corvu VBI

Are any of you using Covvu VBI. We are looking at the Purchasing
Analysis/Vendor Shipment Performance by Year/Period and notice that we
had 8 receipt in September Corvu show 4. When you do a dropdown you see
4 lines having 2,2,1,& 3 receipt. The line with three receipt all have
due dates of 9/29/08 with different receipt # of which 2 were early
and 1 was on time Corvu has a count of 1 in on time only. Is there
anybody using this reporting or have you corrected it and if so how.
Does anyone know of a consultant who is very good at creating reports
from Corvu VBI? We are looking for some help in this area.

Thanks,

Dale Norris
IS Manager
Bullen Ultrasonics Inc.
Is anyone out there using the Corvu VBI in conjunction with the Vantage
8.00 application? If so, we are interested in what type of training you
were able to receive from Epicor or Corvu.



Lori Gustafson

Information Resources

Precision, Inc.

763-852-6718





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I've never been able to get it to work right with 6.1 and sort of gave up on it. Even after several visits form Epicor personnel. Mostly issues with security and "login" credentials for the overnight populating of the dynastore. Hopefully 8.x is better. It's a nice product and good BI tool....just sort of complicated to get the Vantage data into it.

The CorVu class in Edina, MN at CorVu was excellent even though it was not Vantage specific. I've probably forgotten it all now but I know I was decent training. Also, there is a fairly good CorVu YahooGroup with many Vantage people on it. Another great resource.

-Todd C.

________________________________
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lori Gustafson
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 10:48 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Corvu VBI


Is anyone out there using the Corvu VBI in conjunction with the Vantage
8.00 application? If so, we are interested in what type of training you
were able to receive from Epicor or Corvu.

Lori Gustafson

Information Resources

Precision, Inc.

763-852-6718

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We use Corvu extensively with 8 -- had Epicor onsite for a day of
training -- very high level. I then went to Corvu offices in
Wisconsin. Excellent training -- I recommend both Version 1 and
Version 2 of Corebusiness training. It just so happened that I was
the only member in the class for 2 days, so I even had more personal
attention to the reports I was trying to create.
Definately worth the cost to go directly to Corvu.


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Lori Gustafson" <lori.gustafson@...>
wrote:
>
> Is anyone out there using the Corvu VBI in conjunction with the
Vantage
> 8.00 application? If so, we are interested in what type of
training you
> were able to receive from Epicor or Corvu.
>
>
>
> Lori Gustafson
>
> Information Resources
>
> Precision, Inc.
>
> 763-852-6718
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We are using Corvu with Vantage 8.00. We did get training but it was
minimal. We did the training during our implementation (which i think
was a bit too much for the old brain). I have looked into training
that is conducted by Corvu but i dont think we need it now as we are
self taught enough to be able to write the required reports.
If you have any questions on Corvu you can contact me off list. I
would be more than happy to help you out if i can.

Cheers,

Jason Abramczyk
Precision Parts


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Lori Gustafson" <lori.gustafson@...>
wrote:
>
> Is anyone out there using the Corvu VBI in conjunction with the
Vantage
> 8.00 application? If so, we are interested in what type of
training you
> were able to receive from Epicor or Corvu.
>
>
>
> Lori Gustafson
>
> Information Resources
>
> Precision, Inc.
>
> 763-852-6718
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
At Flanagan Industries we have CorVu hooked to Vantage 8.03.404b running on
SQL.

Epicor really messed up the installation, their tech staff is not
conversant with the installation on the various platforms and network
requirements.

we had Gaston Baumeier come in for 2 days of training. Gaston worked for
Corvu before joining Epicor and knows the product cold. He straightened
out the installation and got it working.

Unfortunately there are no manuals worth anything from either CorVu or
Epicor and basically Gaston is the only capable resource.

Having to do it over again I would by-pass CorVu and go for a more
mainstream product and tie directly into the database, not the application.
via a data extract/copy.

The content that Epicor demo's on CorVu shows well but is complicated to
drill into and make sense of.
The two days of training cost us well over $2400 and were done way too
early in our startup...now we've forgotten how to use it and in the
meantime the content is not trusted.

Our advice is to look elsewhere.



At 12:23 PM 8/29/2008, you wrote:

>We use Corvu extensively with 8 -- had Epicor onsite for a day of
>training -- very high level. I then went to Corvu offices in
>Wisconsin. Excellent training -- I recommend both Version 1 and
>Version 2 of Corebusiness training. It just so happened that I was
>the only member in the class for 2 days, so I even had more personal
>attention to the reports I was trying to create.
>Definately worth the cost to go directly to Corvu.
>
>--- In <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Lori
>Gustafson" <lori.gustafson@...>
>wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone out there using the Corvu VBI in conjunction with the
>Vantage
> > 8.00 application? If so, we are interested in what type of
>training you
> > were able to receive from Epicor or Corvu.
> >
> >
> >
> > Lori Gustafson
> >
> > Information Resources
> >
> > Precision, Inc.
> >
> > 763-852-6718
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We use CorVu, but I'm not that impressed with it. If you're an MS SQL
user and thinking of sorting out some sort of business intelligence
application then go with something from Business Objects.

If you know your way around SQL then the 'Vantage Business
Intelligence' is near useless as you can just get CorVu to run a
stored procedure on the SQL server and then use CorVu to present the
data.

CorVu is clunky and very dated compared to other software out there.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Robert Carlson <rcarlson@...> wrote:
>
> At Flanagan Industries we have CorVu hooked to Vantage 8.03.404b
running on
> SQL.
>
> Epicor really messed up the installation, their tech staff is not
> conversant with the installation on the various platforms and
network
> requirements.
>
> we had Gaston Baumeier come in for 2 days of training. Gaston
worked for
> Corvu before joining Epicor and knows the product cold. He
straightened
> out the installation and got it working.
>
> Unfortunately there are no manuals worth anything from either CorVu
or
> Epicor and basically Gaston is the only capable resource.
>
> Having to do it over again I would by-pass CorVu and go for a more
> mainstream product and tie directly into the database, not the
application.
> via a data extract/copy.
>
> The content that Epicor demo's on CorVu shows well but is
complicated to
> drill into and make sense of.
> The two days of training cost us well over $2400 and were done way
too
> early in our startup...now we've forgotten how to use it and in the
> meantime the content is not trusted.
>
> Our advice is to look elsewhere.
>
>