Creating Kinetic Report From BAQ

I am trying to create a BAQ report that has a UI screen where a user can input the BAQ parameters. Is there a way to do this? The Trial Balance report for example uses the program Erp.UIRpt.TrialBalanceReport.dll. Is there a way to create one of these programs for a BAQ report?

1 Like

In my experience, BAQ Reports don’t work with BAQ Parameters. You have to use the BAQ Report tools available in BAQ Report Designer. Usually you put “options” in instead of parameters. Make sure your underlying BAQ doesn’t have any parameters.
Good luck!

1 Like

I looked closer at this and see that you are trying to use Trial Balance as an example. This is listed under “GLTBRpt” in RDD and “GLTrialBal” in Report Style. This canned report does not have an associated BAQ Report. In this case, you have to completely remake the underlying BAQ, then build the BAQ Report off of that new BAQ. Then you can apply your “options” as parameters to that BAQ Report. I don’t think there is a good way to add parameters to a canned report. Sorry!

No, your initial response was super helpful. I am curious about making a report from scratch. I used the trial balance report as an example to make sure it was clear what I meant by report.

Thanks for explaining the options/parameters to me. I have created a BAQ report, but wasn’t sure how to generate an actual Kinetic application to run the report from. Is there an easy way to do that? I have only ever created a classic report from a BAQ, but I don’t think that provides everything I’m needing.

Some other folks can chime in on this one, but I think you deploy it to the menu, then restart kinetic and it should be there in your menu.

Kinetic application is generated in Report Style under overlay menu by using Generate Form.

1 Like

You can absolutely do this, however I just don’t have the time to get into it.
It’s a bit of work. If you can refactor how you want it to go, it might be better.

I can help next week or the week after if you want to wait, and remind me.

In the meantime, I would ask you layout the business and technical problem in here in detail, and someone may step up with a better plan.

Thank you Vinay!

I got the classic version of the report working with my parameters using this thread. A lot of good stuff in here for anyone searching, and it seems there are a few different ways to go about it. I was then able to preview/generate the kinetic form using your instruction.