Custom fields ending in "_c" not showing in BPM table

I have tried regenerating the data model, IIS recycle, and restarting the task agent several times and it doesn’t appear to be working.

If you open the UD column maintenance, does that table show synched?

No and I’ve tried to get it to sync multiple times.

Do you have more than one app server?

No, but I have 2 app pools pointing to the same DB and I have recycled both. One is single-sign on and the other is not.

Are you stopping both app pools before you regenerate the data model?

@EpsilonMaximus68Olds You can update using joins on ForeignSysRowID from the main table to the UD, but it should just show up.

The field shows in a customization, other bpms just not in a changelog? Do you see it in the dbo view in sql?

Yes, I have stopped both app pools before regenerating the data model.

I had not thought to check the Method Directive. They do show up there, but not in the Change Log. I guess it doesn’t really matter, but just annoys me that it doesn’t work as expected.

Did you look in the DD for the table ending with _UD? (Jobhead_UD)

Edit

The above is bad advice. DD’s use the base table name (without the “_UD”)

What is the DD?

Data directive. They are on tables, where as MD (Method Directives) are on BO’s.

Whoops… The _c fields appear in the base table in a DD. At the very end.

Mine don’t show up. I can see a couple of the _c fields that I’ve created, but not all of them. The most recent ones are not showing up. even after several attempts to Regenerate the Data Model, recycle IIS, restart the Task Agent, restart all of the Epicor servers (App and SQL)…Nothing seems to fix it.

Do they (the missing ones) show in other aspects of a DD, like in the tree pane of a Set Variable widget?

One last thing… It appears that UD fields can be made company specific. There are some fields not shown on the Extended UD Maint form (like Company - which is normally blank). I’m guessing this is how a multi-tenant system keeps you from seeing other tenants’ UD fields (not the values, but the fields themselves)

Yes, they show up in the Set Field widget.

Very weird indeed.

@EpsilonMaximus68Olds Are there any clues in the DataModelGenerator log? The location is in the thread below.
There are also threads here about changing a fields properties and then doing a regen will cause issues. The field has to be deleted then a regen then added back with new properties then another regen. Is that a possibility? I did that a month ago and had a checkbox the size of a text box that would read true/false :frowning:

Can you isolate a point where no new fields from there on show in a change log?

Is it consistent across your dev, test and live environments?

Sounds like theses specific UD fields have been working everywhere - except in the change log widget.

I wonder if adding another to that UD table would show. Also, I think the number column in the Change Log field selector window is the column number. Interested to know if there are any gaps in those numbers.

1 Like

I had just recently added a new field to this table, but it did not resolve the issue. I was hoping that would have been the case.