Customer Shipment

Customer Shipment Entry Form:-

Shipping Quantity should not be exceed than Sales Order Release Quantity.

I think we are seeing what you are seeing. Can you elaborate. Thanks

Hari,
Please put out well formed, well thought out questions on the forum. This isn’t even a question. Please put some effort into this we aren’t magicians.

5 Likes

Dear Kimberley,

Suppose there is one sales order 20001, In this sales order customer has ordered 200 quantity. During Shipment, System will not allow if we are shipping qty more than 200.

Dear Jose,

We have already put more efforts on this. Below is my code but when we are doing partial shipment then it is not working.

private void oTrans_adapter_BeforeAdapterMethod(object sender, BeforeAdapterMethodArgs args)
{
switch (args.MethodName)
{
case “UpdateMaster”:

if(ValidateProductGroupExpiredBeforeUpdate())
			  {
				args.Cancel = true;
				return;
			  }	

EpiDataView edv = (EpiDataView)oTrans.EpiDataViews["ShipDtl"];
				System.Data.DataRow edvRow = edv.CurrentDataRow;
				if (edvRow != null)
				{
				    decimal SellingReqQty     = Convert.ToDecimal(edvRow["SellingReqQty"]);      // Total Order Qty
				    decimal SellingShippedQty = Convert.ToDecimal(edvRow["SellingShippedQty"]);  // Previously Shipped Qty	

decimal DisplayInvQty     = Convert.ToDecimal(edvRow["DisplayInvQty"]);     // Trying To Order Qty
				    decimal OurJobShipQty     = Convert.ToDecimal(edvRow["OurJobShipQty"]);      // Trying To Order Qty				
				    decimal RemainingQty      = (SellingReqQty - SellingShippedQty);           // Remaining Qty

if(RemainingQty > 0)
					{
						if((DisplayInvQty) > 0 && (OurJobShipQty > 0))
						{
							edv.dataView[edv.Row]["ShipCmpl"] = false;
							MessageBox.Show("Please enter quantity either in Our Ship Quantity or Our Job Ship Quantity. Set one of them to Zero !!");
							args.Cancel = true;
						}
						else
						{
							if(DisplayInvQty > 0)
							{
								if(DisplayInvQty > RemainingQty )
								{
									MessageBox.Show("Our Ship Quantity must be less than or equal to (Request - Previously Shipped) Quantity !!");
									args.Cancel = true;
								}
							}
							else
							{
								if(OurJobShipQty > 0)
								{
									if(OurJobShipQty > RemainingQty )
									{
										MessageBox.Show("Our Job Ship Quantity must be less than or equal to (Request - Previously Shipped) Quantity !!");
										args.Cancel = true;
									}
								}
							}	
						}
					}
				}				  
		break;
	}

}

I am not telling you, you are magician. If you don’t know then no issue.

If I am following you correctly you should not be allowed to ship more than what was ordered…or why would you want too?

Dear Kimberley,

Suppose in one Sales Order 20001, Customer has ordered 200 quantity. During Shipment, System will not allow if we are shipping qty more than 200.

I still don’t understand what your issue is, Epicor let’s you out of the box ship as much as you want, the system DOES allow you to ship anything you want, regardless of what the order says.
Are you trying to prevent that?
I have this order for 1

I was able to Ship 1000 of these to this order without issue.

1 Like

Dear Joes,

1st screen, Order 5552, Line 1, Qur Shipment Qty = 1
2nd screen, Shipment you are shipping 1000 Qty.

How to stop shipment, if Shipping Qty > Order Qty (1000 > 1)
That is my question.

I know system is allowing more quantity than order quantity.

Your best bet is going to be a BPM. I would stay way from a customization for this.

2 Likes

If you take the basic Epicor Courses that ship with E10_Demo and the Help Files… Even the User Guides have those basic BPM Section. You can download them from EpicWeb.

I think it is crucial as a Consultant to know the basics.

5 Likes

Dear josecgomez, can you please let me know how to do this using BPM.

@hkeric.wci pointed out how to get there. This is a very basic BPM that can be done following one of the many training guides or manuals.
If after reading the guides and manuals you attempt and can’t figure it out come back to us with specific questions and we’d be glad to help you

3 Likes