Customize FedEx Shipping Labels from QuickShip?

One of our customers is requiring we modify the FedEx labels we print for their parcel shipments. We print these through Quickship. Where does that label’s mapping exist? We would need the system to know that it needs to automatically use this special label just for this specific customer, and not for any of our other customers. Thanks!

I don’t think even QS does anything, but process the label they are given from the carrier.
This is label data
Which the PrintMon service turn into this.

I worked for a var that wrote a shipping system and they are a ton of hoops to jump thru to get carrier labels approved, so I would be curious if even QuickShip development would be willing to quote doing it.

The zpl files are int he PrintJob\Archive folder after they have been processed.

Thanks. We aren’t looking to do anything crazy, just need to change some reference numbers around and replace the sender company name with my customer’s (distributor’s) name instead of ours.

You don’t need to do that you can do blind shipping with quick ship where it will replace the ship from with whatever you want it’s built in per customer setup

You can also map custom references to come through but blind shipping works wonders

The reference numbers are in the UPS section, so you can override the defaults I am told. Yes they share them which I thought was odd. I did not pursue this, but that is what support told me.

@josecgomez for the win. I did not know that blind was that complex. we don’t do dropships anymore, but nice to know.

Thank you @josecgomez ! Blind shipping gets me about halfway there. My customer needs their company name as the ‘from’ name and them my company name under that, and also their customer’s (end user’s) PO# in the PO number field on the label. Assuming I need to take the custom references route, how does one access that label report style to make those changes?

@grant-rb - It looks like you eventually got this resolved. I’m wondering if you can point me in the right direction. I am looking to display a custom note in one of the reference fields. I thought I could set up a reference field on Quick Ship to point to the field I can store my note in but it doesn’t look like any of the references are printing on our FedEx label currently. So I’m just trying to understand how it’s all supposed to work so I can hopefully figure out the best path to take.

Hi Dan, I would take a look at the reference fields on the QS side for that. Not sure if you can choose any options beyond what is available in the dropdowns on QS though. The QS support team should be able to guide you through more of the specifics.

@dr_dan I was in QS all day to today setting up a new carrier so I decided to test what I have believed to be the way to get adhoc information on the carrier label.

In customer shipment entry
In QS
In Open Shipment Request

You can set the defaults in facilities which are used if the reference fields are unused.