Customize Multi Resource Scheduling Board

Has anyone figured out how to add columns to the left grid on a schedule board?

I have done so, but it is not for the faint of heartā€¦ It uses something called PlexityHide.GTP
http://plexityhide.com/gtp-net/

and it is a gnarly

5 Likes

@josecgomez - Does that also let you filter out un-released jobs, so they donā€™t display? Our dept supervisors only want to see the jobs in front of them as we learn more of the scheduling tools.

I mean once you understand the control etc you can pretty much do anything you need. Remove Rows, add rows, add columns etc.

1 Like

Thanks Jose, I will dig into this

Put this together quick for proof of conceptā€¦

using PlexityHide.GTP;

Erp.UI.App.MultiResourceSchedulingBoard.ListPanel panel = (Erp.UI.App.MultiResourceSchedulingBoard.ListPanel)csm.GetNativeControlReference("2a0f08ca-a115-4547-999a-e658594fa6b5");
var grid = (PlexityHide.GTP.Grid)panel.Controls[0].Controls[1].Controls[0];
var col = grid.Columns.AddNew(CellType.SingleText);
col.Title = "TEST";
5 Likes

great job mate, i tried it on the Resource Group Scheduling Board UI and worked fine, i am very interested to see your code to fill this new column from any relevant linked Db.table

Hi Al - did you ever get this to link to DB fields? - something I am really keen on doing here

Thanks

Mark

Hi @gunny72,
sorry for the late reply mate, it is my first week after 6 months stop, i am trying to catch up, to answer your question, no, not on this type of custom tracker, i have done it on the normal grid and the solution is shared on this forum, @tkoch is your man for this typešŸ˜.

Hi @A.Baeisa,
Thanks for getting back to me - hope your first week back goes well. After 6 months off I would have forgotten everything :smile:

1 Like

it is horrible mate, waking up at 6am instead of 12pm is an absolute torture :sob:

I think I did get data populating in the new column, I think it acted a little buggy though. Iā€™ll have to find the code

1 Like

Thanks Theodore - if you wouldnā€™t mind digging the code out and sharing that would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards

Mark

Just wondering how you went with this? It looks to me as if the columns populated by epicor arenā€™t using the node datasources in the grid and just populating the grid values directly?

I believe what I did here (lost the code as it was in a test db) was on row load for the gant was then query for the desired data. I never ended up implementing this in production.

Thanks. Seems pretty messy.
Iā€™ll try and convince the users to open with to see the job details as a work around first. Itā€™d be nice and more efficient to be able to just add the job description to the board though.

1 Like

Agreed messy. Their site isnā€™t much help -. Iā€™ve been searching through their forum posts to find keywords but still not finding what i need. Search doesnā€™t seem to do anything.

Is there a help document? I was able to add a column no problem. I set a datasource for the column (to JobDetail.JobPartDesc but it did not do anything. The site had no example of the datasource property only how to blank it for a column. Or on how to get row (node?) contents.

Still looking for topics on rows.