Customized Dashboard Field Stuck Read Only

I have a dashboard assembly that is customized. I used a Tracker View and left it blank but I checked the Updateable checkbox. I have 15-20 fields arranged on the customization and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get one unstuck from Read Only. I’ve tried a row rule, modify the extended properties… I confirmed that the UBAQ behind the dashboard has the field set to be updateable. The view that the field is tied to has the field checked to be “Prompted” to be updated. What else could it be?

You can try setting it as an EpiKeyField to change the load behavior.

Or you can fiddle with the IsEpiReadOnly property at Form.Load or Form.Shown.

I would just fix the dashboard and redeploy.

Exit the client and get back in and you shouldn’t have any issues with the customization layer.

You should actually get those fields in the tracker first, make sure the update able works, and then customize the layout. Adding the fields afterwords isn’t going to be wired up the same way.

edit:

what he said.

1 Like

I just remembered I had the same exact issue the other day.

I added a dropdown to my server event log dashboard in the customization. I bound it to the dataview and for the life of me couldn’t figure out how to make it work properly.

I ended up binding to the events on both controls to make it work half assed like I wanted

I’d like to know the secret sauce the tracker field has that my control does not as well.

Hmmm. I believe you but I am unsure if putting them in the Tracker first and then re-arranging is going to work. I started down that path and tried customizing the tracker view inside the dashboard only to realize that I couldn’t do some things I needed without customizing the assembly. However, I found that any change to the tracker view (adding / removing fields, adjusting placement, etc.) seemed to blow up the assembly and I’d have to re-do the assembly customization. So I found the least painful way to do it was to make a blank canvas tracker page and do it all at the assembly customization level. I found everything to work as expected so far… I have 6 other fields that allow me to edit just fine.

The way I usually do it, is just get them in the tracker, but don’t do any actual customization on the dashboard itself. Just get them to show up and make the updateable part work. Then do all of the rearranging on the assembly. That’s worked for me.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t remember if I ever did that. I’ll try it. Thanks.

I tried this method and was immediately turned away because I can’t take those fields and put them into different groups. I suppose I could create the group boxes in the dashboard tracker customization but then I’m back to the point at which I’m customizing in two places… It’s just silly that 6 other fields from the same table/BAQ are editable like I expect.

Just to shed a little bit of light on this topic of it “not being wired up the same”.

It has to do with the control type. If I bind that same field to an EpiUltraCombo, it shows as editable (white) and also allows me to click the drop down and set the value using a drop-down value. I’d call this 100% working…

An EpiCombo shows up as editable (white) but doesn’t allow me to change the value by clicking the drop-down. It turns read only when I click it. However, it will work if you wire it up using a BO as one of my fields is setup and working this way.

The EpiTextBox appears to only be read only and will not allow me to get it editable.

This explains why 6 fields allow me to edit. 1 checkbox, 1 EpiCombo, 1 EpiUltraCombo with static values that I couldn’t get to work right with an EpiCombo, and 3 BAQCombos.

I know I wouldn’t probably understand the differences, but what could be wired up such that some controls work fine and others don’t?

If you find out let me know!