Customizing RDD

I’m new to Epicor and I need to change the genrcpt data definition in order to add a field from another table. I hope I’m in the right forum as I skimmed over the FAQs (I didn’t see a section for noobs). From what I’ve seen, when material is received into the system, RcvHead is joined with RcvDtl and are populated by data from other tables plus user input. In addition to the fields from RcvHead and RcvDtl, I would also like get the mfglot field from PartLot. Using RDD maintenance, I’ve tried all sorts of parent-child, definiton-output combo’s, but I’m still not getting it to show. Can some kind person nudge me in the right direction. I can see the data in SQL Server Studio but I can’t get it to show in generic receipt. Thanks.

It won’t show where? In the SQL script on SSRs? Where are you not seeing it?
I recommend you head over to epicweb and browse the Ice Tools Guide which should walk you through this.
Are you receiving lot tracked parts?

1 Like

The RDD is used in a report style for generic receipts (specifically, a .bt file used for printing BarTender labels). The .bt files has all the fields including mfglot but its data is null. But SQL Studio shows it’s not null. I will follow your advice and browse the Ice Tools. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi Romeo,

Did you make a new RDD based on a system one?
Did you add the PartLot table to the RDD and then provide a relationship between RcvDtl and PartLot on part number and lot number?
I would think it would look something like this attached test.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

That screenshot you posted is just what I’m trying to do. I have 4 tables and 3 relationships (Company-2-RcvHead (definition only), RcvHead-2-RcvDtl (definition only), & RcvDtl-2-PartLot (output)). Everything looks OK until I actually receive a part.

All fields from all 4 tables show up as expected. However, nothing is populated in the PartLot fields. Now, if I change the relationship type for RcvHead-2-RcvDtl (from definition only to output), there is data in the PartLot fields, but I get duplicate records.

In your example, how to do you tie RcvDtl to the other tables (besides PartLot)?

Hi Romeo,

I’m not sure if I understand your question “how to tie RcvDtl to other tables besides part lot?”.

As in the relationship in screenshot, part number and lot number are used to tie the RcvDtl to the PartLot data. If we receive more than one lot in single receipt line, then I’d expect duplicate data. You should be able to get your extra field mfglot from the part lot data that is retrieved/matched with PartNum and LotNum.

Also, in my crystal report I link the tables, once again RcvDtl.PartNum to PartLot.PartNum and RcvDtl.LotNum to PartLot.LotNum… I see you are using bartender, however, so don’t know if the crystal requirement helps at all.

Thanks,
nancy

Also, when linking tables together, don’t forget to include the Company field as part of your link. There are some places where Epicor does that for you automatically, but linking COMPANY is always a good habit to get into. All the indices use Company as the first part of their index, and if you ever add a 2nd company, you’ll need this so you’re not pulling in information from other companies.