Dashboard from specific query doesn't appear in Menu Maintenance

There’s a BAQ I’ve created and it doesn’t throw any errors when putting it inside of a dashboard. However, when I deploy the dashboard as a dashboard assembly, it does not show up in menu maintenance. When I use the Test mode before deploying it, it works fine. When I use Test in the BAQ editor to retrieve the table, it works fine. It is only when I go to deploy this dashboard, that it doesn’t seem to work. There are no errors in the deployment box. It builds the dll and says it finishes. However, when I go to that drive location to view the dll, it is not there with the rest either.

Anything that would prevent the dashboard assembly dll from saving or building for a specific query? I have rebuilt the query, that did not work either. The query is shared and for all companies, so is the dashboard.

I would upload the dashboard but there are two UD fields being used (They are used elsewhere fine, however)

I’m a little stumped as to what I should even be looking for to troubleshoot here.

Double check your Company settings on everything. When this happens to me, it is usually because something is marked All Companies while another thing is Company specific.

2 Likes

They are all set to All Companies… I did notice, when I try to add the query to a new dashboard, there is an error on the actual Ice.UI.Dashboard.dll but I don’t know what is breaking it?

Application Error

Exception caught in: Ice.UI.Dashboard

Error Detail

Message: Unable to cast object of type ‘System.DBNull’ to type ‘System.String’.
Program: Ice.UI.Dashboard.dll
Method: saveToServer

Client Stack Trace
==================
at Ice.UI.Dashboard.DashboardDataManager.saveToServer(DashboardDirector dd, DashboardDataSet dds, Boolean DoSaveAs, Boolean dropAssembly)
at Ice.UI.Dashboard.DashboardToolManager.handleSave(Boolean doSaveAs, Boolean retry)
at Ice.UI.Dashboard.DashboardAppBuilder.CreateAssembly(DashboardDirector director, Boolean deployAssy, Boolean addFavorite, Boolean addMenuTab, Boolean bypassSave)
at Ice.UI.Dashboard.AppBuilderDeployDialog.btnOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraButtonBase.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Do you have a parameter on the query? Or possibly a formula? It is trying to convert a NULL value into a string and cannot.

I’m not sure what it was. There were no parameters or formulas. I went ahead and remade the query and the dashboard from scratch, without using export or copy. As far as I can tell, it’s exactly the same but this time it works.

1 Like

@LoganS you can apparently mark your last comment as “Solution” - I just wrestled with this same issue until I found this. Apparently Dashboard doesn’t like copied BAQs.

I had to rebuild the BAQ and then it worked fine. In my case I had a UBAQ with a BPM with custom C# in a widget, calling an EFX.

I’ve noticed it seems to happen more frequently when they’ve been moved between versions of Epicor too, I ran into a couple more when going between our 10.2.700 to 2022.1 test instance

:wink:

2 Likes

@LoganS Not sure it would make a difference, but I am lazy and use the add to favorites checkbox when compiling the dashboard so Epicor makes the menu item and I just have to change the menu id and sequence.

This was a long time ago for the initial problem, but from what I can recall recompiling didn’t fix the issue. Not sure how the add to favorites would have interacted, didn’t know that checkbox existed! Since it apparently threw errors adding to a new dashboard I’m guessing that wouldn’t have worked for this case but it’s still a mystery to me. I occasionally get broken queries moving through versions, even broken when copied, but an identical remake works fine. Usually it’s Key1 related though. Edit-usually only the super old queries though so I forgive the system on them.

1 Like