Dashboard Slows down

This is observed that the Dashboards behave slower compare to the BAQ. We understand that this behavious is due to the additional layer on top of the BAQ.
The strange is that this behaviour does not apply on all the DBDs. Would like to check with other experts if this observation is true !
If yes, Is there any remedy for this ?

BR

Any thought ?

I haven’t seen that result. To understand why I would do a SQL trace on the query when is run from the dashboard and run from the BAQ to see how they are different and how long they are taking in SQL. I’m also making the assumption that your dashboard is simple. Does your dashboard have a filter that the BAQ doesn’t?

We are starting to explore using EDD with Active Homepage and possibly consider using EDD dashboards. According to some of the Demos we observed, EDD is much faster.

SQL Trace will give you the Time of SQL Execution only, How do you measure the time difference, b/w BAQ and DBD?
We have no additional filter on DBD ,
Thanks

SQL trace can give you the time and the execution text. The execution text might give you a hint as to the difference in time. How big of a time difference are we talking about?

I believe that at SQL level, only SQL that is translated from BAQ will appear …This could also be achieve by pasting the BAQ SQL (with little tweaking) in ssms, My issue is that BAQ returns the dataset slower and DBD adds the delay while the same SQL is returning the stuff very fast at SSMS. In this case, I dont have an option to improve the query.