Data Directive AutoPrint 'specified' Error: "Unknown field type encountered. Type: "

I just want to preface this post by saying this is my first post on Epiusers, so I apologize if I do something incorrectly. A few days ago I ended up sending a ticket to EpicCare but I believe this problem has stumped them as well, so I was hoping someone here might have encountered/resolved this issue.

I’ve been tasked with sending a daily e-mail for a Report, but I am having issues with the Auto Print in Data Directives. Specifically, when I attempt to click on the ‘specified’ options, I receive the "“Unknown field type encountered. Type”. Pic Below:

Some other information in case it helps. This report ‘BLDStatus’ is quite old (at least 6 years I’m told), and was originally a crystal report. My first attempt to fix this error was changing the data definition/style to SSRS, because there are several reports we do have (at least 10 that I’ve checked) that don’t give this Autoprint error, and they all happened to be SSRS in type/definition, but changing the report definition/style to SSRS had no effect. Personally I have pretty much no SSRS experience, I’ve simply been assigned the task of making this report into an automatic daily email through BPM, so I don’t know if there’s something in the SSRS creation that allows certain reports to work with AutoPrint versus some to not work. I could also be completely off base and it has nothing to do with SSRS/Crystal.

Also, because the EpicCare representative also asked this, we can’t simply submit our report to run on a schedule. We need the AutoPrint/BPM so that we can send a pdf through a daily email to a group of people

The text of the error:
Application Error

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Program: Epicor.ServiceModel.dll
Method: ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Ice.Proxy.BO.AutoPrintSearchImpl.GetNewAutoReportSettings(String reportID, Int32 styleNum, Boolean isBAQReport, AutoRptSettingsDataSet reportSettingsDS)
at Ice.Adapters.AutoPrintSearchAdapter.GetNewAutoReportSettings(String reportID, Int32 styleNum, Boolean isBAQReport)

Yes you can. I’ll find a post where i describe how to do it in detail, and post a link to it.

Edit

Here it is

Just got off the phone with my boss and we went through it together, did some tests, and he is happy with this solution. Thank you so much.