Data Import - Vantage 6.1

We used the "Data Conversion Tool" mentioned by Martin; primarily for initial Vantage 6.1 data loading occasionally for batch updates (such as part selling price updates). The tool updates the Vantage database directly and has no exposure to Vantage business logic. It places the onus directly on the user to ensure that the data being loaded is appropriate (which is asking too much in my opinion). I can confirm that everyone has to be out of Vantage when the data conversion tool is run. It was the only tool I could find at the time (2004)and would summarize the experience of using it as nerve-racking. We are on Vantage 8.03 today.

Peter Dunbar
Halm Industries Co., Inc.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Martin Horton <mhorton@...> wrote:
>
> There was a "data conversion tool" available for 6.1 but I was never brave enough to use it in a production environment. As far as I remember there was no automatic or scheduled import - it never came close to doing a job like DMT or service connect can. If memory serves me, I think the DB had to be in single user mode as well - which is never popular! ;)
>
>
>
> Martin Horton
> Business Systems Manager
> direct line: +44(0)1889 272250 mobile: +44 (0)7875 404841
> Skype: marthorton Skype number: +44 (0) 121 288 3133
>
>
> [cid:image003.jpg@...]
>
> Broadcrown Ltd. Airfield Industrial Estate, Hixon, Stafford, Staffs ST18 0PF, England
> tel: +44(0)1889 272200 fax: +44(0)1889 272220 www.broadcrown.com<http://www.broadcrown.com/>
>
> ----- This email and the information it contains is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or indeed error free as information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed and or contain viruses. Broadcrown Ltd has scanned the email for viruses but does not accept responsibility once the email has been transmitted. The receiving company should scan the email and attachments (if any) for viruses. Any views or opinions expressed within this email are not necessarily the views or opinions of Broadcrown Limited except where the sender specifically states that they are. If you have received this document in error please email the sender and delete the message from your computer without taking copies -----
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Todd
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:13 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Data Import - Vantage 6.1
>
>
>
> For any of you current or former users of Vantage 6.1, did Epicor or any other vendor have a tool/utility for doing data importing much like the DMT software that's available for E9? We're getting some monsterous POs with thousands of line items and need an easier way to enter them without manual data entry. We don't have the EDI module and don't think it's the right solution anyway.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> -J
>
> ________________________________
>
> Technical information contained in this e-mail may be controlled by the United States Government, Department of State, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR 120-130) which requires an export license prior to sharing with foreign persons. Lacking such license, ITAR technical data is limited to U.S. persons only. It is the responsibility of the organization and the individual in control of this data to abide by U.S. Export Laws. If you are not a U.S. person take no further action with this e-mail and contact sender immediately.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
For any of you current or former users of Vantage 6.1, did Epicor or any other vendor have a tool/utility for doing data importing much like the DMT software that's available for E9? We're getting some monsterous POs with thousands of line items and need an easier way to enter them without manual data entry. We don't have the EDI module and don't think it's the right solution anyway.

Thanks for any help.
-J

Technical information contained in this e-mail may be controlled by the United States Government, Department of State, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR 120-130) which requires an export license prior to sharing with foreign persons. Lacking such license, ITAR technical data is limited to U.S. persons only. It is the responsibility of the organization and the individual in control of this data to abide by U.S. Export Laws. If you are not a U.S. person take no further action with this e-mail and contact sender immediately.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
There was a "data conversion tool" available for 6.1 but I was never brave enough to use it in a production environment. As far as I remember there was no automatic or scheduled import - it never came close to doing a job like DMT or service connect can. If memory serves me, I think the DB had to be in single user mode as well - which is never popular! ;)

Martin Horton
Business Systems Manager
direct line: +44(0)1889 272250 mobile: +44 (0)7875 404841

[cid:image003.jpg@01CCDB3C.B5AE9520]

Broadcrown Ltd. Airfield Industrial Estate, Hixon, Stafford, Staffs ST18 0PF, England
tel: +44(0)1889 272200 fax: +44(0)1889 272220 www.broadcrown.com<http://www.broadcrown.com/>

----- This email and the information it contains is confidential and may be legally privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or indeed error free as information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, delayed and or contain viruses. Broadcrown Ltd has scanned the email for viruses but does not accept responsibility once the email has been transmitted. The receiving company should scan the email and attachments (if any) for viruses. Any views or opinions expressed within this email are not necessarily the views or opinions of Broadcrown Limited except where the sender specifically states that they are. If you have received this document in error please email the sender and delete the message from your computer without taking copies -----

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Todd
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:13 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Data Import - Vantage 6.1

For any of you current or former users of Vantage 6.1, did Epicor or any other vendor have a tool/utility for doing data importing much like the DMT software that's available for E9? We're getting some monsterous POs with thousands of line items and need an easier way to enter them without manual data entry. We don't have the EDI module and don't think it's the right solution anyway.

Thanks for any help.
-J

Technical information contained in this e-mail may be controlled by the United States Government, Department of State, International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR 120-130) which requires an export license prior to sharing with foreign persons. Lacking such license, ITAR technical data is limited to U.S. persons only. It is the responsibility of the organization and the individual in control of this data to abide by U.S. Export Laws. If you are not a U.S. person take no further action with this e-mail and contact sender immediately.