Database login prompt on new dashboard

Make sure the affected users have the same EXACT ODBC/Data Connects that you the developer has. This also causes issue, more from a Crystal ADP/ODBC perspective but it can cause XML data source issues.

Just a thought.

Keith

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of reptcon
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:57 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Database login prompt on new dashboard

We are running into this exact same issue. Did either of you get a fix? I would be interested!

We don't get the prompt when we test using dashboard developer runtime (well at least not ALWAYS). But after deploying the assembly we get it every time. This worked OK prior to adding two fields to the dashboard. One field added, Part.Description has field "read only" security. I have a feeling this is part of the problem.

I get a message box prompt:
---------------------------------------------
Database Login

Server Name: NewDataSet
Database: <blank>
Login ID: <blank>
Password: <Blank>

[ ] Use Integrated Security <unchecked>

Thanks!
Chris Heins
cheins@...<mailto:cheins%40pny.com>

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "Rory St. Lawrence" <rstlawrence@...<mailto:rstlawrence@...>> wrote:
>
> That did they have you try? They sent me some info about adding some strings to my Registry, but that didn't do anything. What did they have you do to your existing dashboard?
>
> Rory
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@> wrote:
> >
> > Next steps are to start from scratch with new name for dashboard...Works at Epicor, but still has cached info here it seems.
> >
> > From: Karen Schoenung
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:31 PM
> > To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:%27vantage%40yahoogroups.com>'
> > Subject: RE: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
> >
> > Also experiencing this now - case logged with Epicor. I have an emailed response, but I don't know if it answers the question...I will work on it and see.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Rory
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:27 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
> >
> >
> >
> > I have just created my first dashboard with a BAQ and a report view to an existing customized Crystal Report. When you launch the dashboard, it gathers the data the way it is supposed to, but when you generate the report, a prompt for the database password appears onscreen. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to eliminate the prompt? Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Rory St. Lawrence
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I have just created my first dashboard with a BAQ and a report view to an existing customized Crystal Report. When you launch the dashboard, it gathers the data the way it is supposed to, but when you generate the report, a prompt for the database password appears onscreen. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to eliminate the prompt? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rory St. Lawrence
Also experiencing this now - case logged with Epicor. I have an emailed response, but I don't know if it answers the question...I will work on it and see.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rory
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:27 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard

I have just created my first dashboard with a BAQ and a report view to an existing customized Crystal Report. When you launch the dashboard, it gathers the data the way it is supposed to, but when you generate the report, a prompt for the database password appears onscreen. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to eliminate the prompt? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rory St. Lawrence

Next steps are to start from scratch with new name for dashboard...Works at Epicor, but still has cached info here it seems.

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:31 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard

Also experiencing this now - case logged with Epicor. I have an emailed response, but I don't know if it answers the question...I will work on it and see.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rory
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:27 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard

Rory St. Lawrence

That did they have you try? They sent me some info about adding some strings to my Registry, but that didn't do anything. What did they have you do to your existing dashboard?

Rory

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> Next steps are to start from scratch with new name for dashboard...Works at Epicor, but still has cached info here it seems.
>
> From: Karen Schoenung
> Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:31 PM
> To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
>
> Also experiencing this now - case logged with Epicor. I have an emailed response, but I don't know if it answers the question...I will work on it and see.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rory
> Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:27 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
>
>
>
> I have just created my first dashboard with a BAQ and a report view to an existing customized Crystal Report. When you launch the dashboard, it gathers the data the way it is supposed to, but when you generate the report, a prompt for the database password appears onscreen. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to eliminate the prompt? Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Rory St. Lawrence
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
We are running into this exact same issue. Did either of you get a fix? I would be interested!

We don't get the prompt when we test using dashboard developer runtime (well at least not ALWAYS). But after deploying the assembly we get it every time. This worked OK prior to adding two fields to the dashboard. One field added, Part.Description has field "read only" security. I have a feeling this is part of the problem.

I get a message box prompt:
Database Login

Server Name: NewDataSet
Database: <blank>
Login ID: <blank>
Password: <Blank>

[ ] Use Integrated Security <unchecked>

Thanks!
Chris Heins
cheins@...

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Rory St. Lawrence" <rstlawrence@...> wrote:
>
> That did they have you try? They sent me some info about adding some strings to my Registry, but that didn't do anything. What did they have you do to your existing dashboard?
>
> Rory
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@> wrote:
> >
> > Next steps are to start from scratch with new name for dashboard...Works at Epicor, but still has cached info here it seems.
> >
> > From: Karen Schoenung
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:31 PM
> > To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
> > Subject: RE: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
> >
> > Also experiencing this now - case logged with Epicor. I have an emailed response, but I don't know if it answers the question...I will work on it and see.
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rory
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:27 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Vantage] Database login prompt on new dashboard
> >
> >
> >
> > I have just created my first dashboard with a BAQ and a report view to an existing customized Crystal Report. When you launch the dashboard, it gathers the data the way it is supposed to, but when you generate the report, a prompt for the database password appears onscreen. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone know how to eliminate the prompt? Thanks for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Rory St. Lawrence
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>