E10: GetNewMemo using ServiceRenderer

I ran a trace and Epicor uses Ice.Proxy.BO.MemoImpl.GetNewMemo() to create a memo and passes in all the same arguments I listed above, except for the first one. Instead of passing in ref MemoTableset ds, it passes in MemoDataSet ds. 

Either way, the first argument is the one I'm stuck on. Whether its MemoTableset ds or MemoDataSet ds, where do I get it? What should I pass in? Do I instantiate a new MemoDataSet and pass it in?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new memo inside of a BPM using ServiceRenderer and its not working out. I'm not really sure what I am doing here. Anybody have any suggestions?

var svc = Ice.Assemblies.ServiceRenderer.GetService<Ice.Contracts.MemoSvcContract>(Db);

var ts = new Ice.Tablesets.MemoTableSet();

//GetNewMemo takes these args:

//GetNewMemo(ref MemoTableset ds, string relatedToFile, string relatedToSchemaName, Guid relatedToSysRowID, string key1, string key2, string key3, DateTime? memoDate)

ts = svc.GetNewMemo(ref ts, "OrderHed", "Erp", orderHedRow.SysRowID, quoteHedMemo.Key1, quoteHedMemo.Key2, quoteHedMemo.Key3, DateTime.Now); //quoteHedMemo.MemoDate);

Thanks.

You need to run a trace on the client and replicate what the client does via code by invoking the appropriate methods in the WCF Object.
But if you've never done this and don't know where to start it may be more complex that you thought.
Try starting with the E10 Programmers Guide and going through the Ice Customization Guide to see if that helps some

Thanks!

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 5:16 PM, bwhiteside@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>Hi,</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>I&#39;m trying to create a new memo inside of a BPM using ServiceRenderer and its not working out. I&#39;m not really sure what I am doing here. Anybody have any suggestions?</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p>var svc = Ice.Assemblies.ServiceRenderer.GetService&lt;Ice.Contracts.MemoSvcContract&gt;(Db);</p><p>var ts = new Ice.Tablesets.MemoTableSet();</p><p><br></p><p>//GetNewMemo takes these args:<span style="white-space:pre-wrap;">					</span></p><p>//GetNewMemo(ref MemoTableset ds, string relatedToFile, string relatedToSchemaName, Guid relatedToSysRowID, string key1, string key2, string key3, DateTime? memoDate)</p><p><br></p><p>ts = svc.GetNewMemo(ref ts, &quot;OrderHed&quot;, &quot;Erp&quot;, orderHedRow.SysRowID, quoteHedMemo.Key1, quoteHedMemo.Key2, quoteHedMemo.Key3, DateTime.Now); //quoteHedMemo.MemoDate);</p><p><span style="white-space:pre-wrap;">										</span></p><p>Thanks.</p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>