E10 System Agent/Task Agent

One more thing I just thought of…You might need to re-import your posting rules….That was another reason I had issues with the capture process…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 11:45 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E10 System Agent/Task Agent

Thanks Anthony... something to ponder for the next migration attempt. I wonder if that's why most of my tasks are failing. Printing reports to SSRS works, but MRP, COS/WIP Capture, and any Crystal reports I try all fail (or hang).

Ernie

In our current 9.05.702A system, the "agentmgr" account is the System Agent Manager, and is the account used by the SystemTaskAgent.

Once migrated to E10, it appears as if the process resets the account password and we have to re-reset it back again. If I clear the password on the agentmgr account and then log in with it, I can change the password to whatever I want, but that seems to be a kludgy way around... is there a default password? I don't ever remember setting it in 9, and the standard options don't work.

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries

The easiest way to deal with the task agent is to create a new one…I didn’t use my converted TA…

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 11:03 AM
Subject: [Vantage] E10 System Agent/Task Agent

In our current 9.05.702A system, the "agentmgr" account is the System Agent Manager, and is the account used by the SystemTaskAgent.

Once migrated to E10, it appears as if the process resets the account password and we have to re-reset it back again. If I clear the password on the agentmgr account and then log in with it, I can change the password to whatever I want, but that seems to be a kludgy way around... is there a default password? I don't ever remember setting it in 9, and the standard options don't work.

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries

Thanks Anthony... something to ponder for the next migration attempt. I wonder if that's why most of my tasks are failing. Printing reports to SSRS works, but MRP, COS/WIP Capture, and any Crystal reports I try all fail (or hang).

Ernie

The task agent is very touchy. Please make sure you call support with those issues. It benefits everyone…

Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 11:45 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] E10 System Agent/Task Agent

Ernie