E9: Tool to update Progress Table

Use SQuirreL

It provides a SQL server like user interface.

1.  Download from here:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/files/1-stable/3.2.1/squirrel-sql-3.2.1-install.jar/download

2.  Execute installation with all default options is OK.

3.  Locate Squirrel Installation folder (C:\Program Files) and open the subfolder “Lib”

4.  Open the \\<server>\epicor\oe101b\java folder and copy all “.jar” files into the “Lib” folder above.  Do not overwrite any duplicate files.

- Replace <server> above with your Vantage server’s name.

5.  Open Squirrel

6.  Click on “Drivers” and then the “+” button to Add a new driver.

- Name = “OpenEdge”

- Example URL = “jdbc:datadirect:openedge://<server>:10001;DatabaseName=mfgsys” (Replace <server> with your Vantage server; do NOT change the port here)

- Website URL = leave blank

- Class Name:  “com.ddtek.jdbc.openedge.OpenEdgeDriver”

7.  Click OK to Save the Driver info

8.  Add an Alias:  Click on the Alias tab in the left column and Click on the “+” button to Add a new Alias

- Name = give it a name... ie, “Vantage TEST” or “Vantage LIVE”

- Driver = Choose “OpenEdge” (should have a blue checkmark)

- URL = Should be a copy of the “Example URL” in Step 6; verify.  Still leave the Port alone.

- User Name and Password should both equal “sysprogress”

- Click the “Auto Login” checkbox

- Click on “Properties” button

- On the Schemas tab, for best performance, select “Load all and cache all schemas”

- Click on Driver Properties tab and check the “Use Driver Properties” box

- Click the “Specify” checkbox for each of the following and fill in the appropriate value:

- ServerName = your Vantage Server

- User = sysprogress

- password = sysprogress

- PortNumber = your ODBC port (8350 for Live, 8370 for Test, 8380 for Pilot) ***Version 8 ports… Check for Ver 9

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Rojas
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:46 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] E9: Tool to update Progress Table

I need to update a field in PORel to correct a mistake that someone made.
I know this can be extremely dangerous but I am confident this update will not create a problem. (Fingers crossed)
I don’t see the SQL tool for OpenEdge anymore and I remember someone mentioning another program to view/query/and possible update the OpenEdge tables.
Does anyone remember what program that was or what programs do others use to do this?

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 37 Shuman Ave | Stoughton | Ma | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:7024d7.png@1bc2a4c7.4ebc39d7]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I need to update a field in PORel to correct a mistake that someone made.
I know this can be extremely dangerous but I am confident this update will not create a problem. (Fingers crossed)
I don’t see the SQL tool for OpenEdge anymore and I remember someone mentioning another program to view/query/and possible update the OpenEdge tables.
Does anyone remember what program that was or what programs do others use to do this?

This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Write a SIMPLE BPM to correct this and attach it to ABC Update.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer
TriGem Company

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Joe Rojas <jrojas@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>I need to update a field in PORel to correct a mistake that someone made.

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>