Edge Agent (for Kinetic UX in the Browser)

If you’re a Microsoft 365 users, you can also create drafts using REST and avoid the user interaction with the file system altogether saving several clicks for the user.

Until they patch it out :imp:

I’m interested in a lot of aspects of the edge agent.

If we can take it over and customize it, lots of things are more easily possible,
without having to completely roll your own agents/install extra software.

In my situation this looks the most promising, will give it a try…thanks
(and if they take it away, oh well)

Tell me :popcorn:

Have you gone out to the company’s website to see the documentation they have? qz | Home

I will try when I can think straight again. I think @dr_dan gave me the flu.

1 Like

I did peruse it a few weeks ago. Didn’t have time to dig into it.

What about adding or updating the Allowed URLs?
Like adding Test & Pilot environments after the initial install?
Or when switching servers?
So far the only way I could work out how to do this is to rerun the installer (if you still have it since if the Web Client detects the Edge Agent, no matter the environment access it does not provide the download again)

CAVEAT: I’m Making some assumptions that it will work if you change / add to that array.

1 Like

I notice it has Tray calls, how far can you take it… input and output trays per data from User Tables?

would much prefer to have this installed per site as opposed to every user

Is it possible to open a folder in explorer via the edge agent?

More explicitly: we have a common mapped drive with a folder structure, I’m wanting to be able to pop open sub folders from within that structure open in explorer from epicor, I naively tried the url open widget in app studio with file:///X:/myfolder/… as the parameter but of course browsers don’t allow that… though they do allow mailto:// and tel:// links so happy days there.

No the edge agent will launch attachments but it won’t open folders… Unless you can attach a folder but that would be a stretch

Installed edge agent but client print not active. Any idea why?

Did you install it as Network or Client version?

1 Like

Client. Installed it again, now it works

1 Like

Is there any way to push this out to everyone at once or do we have to download it on everyone’s client? Just figured out today that to use attachments while in the smart client you still need the edge agent…

You can run installation in unattended mode without UI.

1 Like

Olga, can we meet on this for a moment? Or do you have a KB?

It was somewhere here on the forum, but here I have an example:

EdgeAgent-Kinetic-windows-x64-installer.exe --allowedURL https://appserver1 --allowedURL2  https://appserver2  --mode "unattended" --installMode "localInstall"
1 Like