Edit SSRS report query to fix customized AR Invoice Form

I’ve run into the same problem as described here, where field MtExtPrice does not exist after importing a customized AR Invoice report from Epicor 10 to Kinetic.

I’m a Newb at SSRS and I don’t know the process to delete the field out of the query. I tried this:

• Downloaded the customized report from the report server
  • Opened it in Report Builder
  • Deleted the field called MtExtPrice under Datasets and saved the report
  • Uploaded the report back onto the report server, overwriting the original file

I was expecting the error on my report server to budge, but I get the same error. Does deleting the field out of the report affect the query that is stored in the ReportServer database?

I thought maybe Kinetic was just running a cached version of the report without the edit, so I ran this in SSMS. I found that the MtExtPrice field was still in the query.

SELECT
Name,
CAST(CAST(Content AS VARBINARY(MAX)) AS XML) AS ReportXML
FROM ReportServer.dbo.Catalog
where 
Name = 'ARForm_CustomReportName'
and Path like '%ARi%'
and Type = 2

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Note - In report builder, there are two places to add or remove the fields. In the UI there is the DataSet - that is a list of field objects that can be put into the layout. There is also an underlying query for the DataSet - you will also need to remove the field from the SQL that is used to pull the data into that DataSet object.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I didn’t know how to find that text-based SQL entry screen. That worked. Deleting all references to MtExtPrice fixed the report. :smiley: