Epicor 10.2.500 Server Spec Recommendations

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone could give any recommendations on what type of Server we should purchase for our ERP10.2.500 VMWare Host Machine(s)?

We have 60 Full Users and 60 MES Users and our DB is 275GB in size. We will be running off of a SAN.

I’ve looked over the Hardware Sizing Guide and I’m waiting on a quote from Epicor and another company but really wanted to know what users have implemented on-premise in the real-world. What is running good for you and what would you suggest I stay away from?

Thank you for any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions that you can give!
-Heather

Well, since nobody is chiming in…

:wink:

2 Likes

I am so anti cloud it’s not funny. Im sure I know a few cloud folks that may disagree. While you gain the benefit of letting others deal with the infatructure/environment, it’s a double edged sword because you give up so much control. Despite all that, I feel like with your own system, properly configured, you can get MUCH better performance. Thats my two cents.

3 Likes

High clock speed CPUs is the main thing. Lots of systems that you will get quoted are CPUs with lots of core, but slow clock speed. Needs to be 3Ghz +.

2 Likes

Be sure to run the Disk Speed tests and pay close attention to whether or not you are getting the disk performance (throughput MiB/s and Average Latency) that Epicor spells out in their Hardware Sizing Guides. I believe they give specific minimum thresholds for a SAN scenario too.

1 Like

I too have A LOT of apprehension regarding hosting/cloud solutions.
I’ve always preferred to do everything that I can in house but…
I still find myself recommending hosted solutions.
Mostly because I have seen companies struggle after their IT guy(s) move on.
There is something to be said for the continuity that a hosted solution can provide, even if I don’t like much else about it.

3 Likes

On-prem programmers be like “speed and control man…”

https://d15z2bi753hws2.cloudfront.net/uploads/2017/06/giphy.gif

Cloud programmers be like “controlling just one is cute…”

Since we seem to be going religious…Sorry Heather!!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

BTW, I’m not sure who was following Microsoft Ignite last week but did you know that you will be able to run Azure with your own computers On-Prem? Get all the benefits of good DevOps practices.

Check out Azure Arc:

1 Like

We are in the middle of migrating off of EMS into Azure with the help of a third party vendor. The transition has been pretty seamless so far. Epicor is served up via remote app & this weekend I tested running Epicor on my home rig. Its freaking sweet. Performance is also a dream and much more consistent.

2 Likes

@jgehling, and you may look at using Windows Virtual Desktop as a replacement for Terminal Servers if you are already M365 users. Could save you some coin.

2 Likes