Epicor 10.2.700 extremely slow after upgrade

I am looking to see if anyone else has experienced this or has knowledge of it’s cause or a solution. We have been running Epicor 10.2.300 since late 2018. Apart from occasionally shrinking the database, I haven’t had to do much to help performance. We have 2 fast servers running a split of application server and MS SQL server. We routinely have anywhere from 5 to 20 concurrent users. We recently upgraded to 10.2.700. Before the upgrade performance was good. Not blazing, but acceptable by pretty well all users. Ever since the upgrade I have gotten multiple complaints of screens like Order Entry taking up to as long as 5 times as long to load and/or pull up an existing order. As you can imagine, this is greatly hindering daily workloads and I am getting more complaints as we go along. I have noticed the same performance issue myself. I shrank the database for the first time since the upgrade and downloaded and started using the Ola Hallengren SQL scripts hoping that any SQL issues such as log files and/or fragmented indexes could be corrected, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try the microsoft fix on the 2nd link. Its pretty quick to test it out and see if that is the issue. Otherwise, 1st link says you can uninstall updates, but I’ve had little success that route.

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare/?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=2fe192431b1220504cd5b9d51a4bcbbf

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=abdb5c9bdb972410a587ef0705961996

Has this been a problem since some of the new windows 10 updates? It might have seemed after an epicor update, but might have coincided with windows 10? We have 2 windows 7 machines here that are not running slower, but the 3 windows 10 machines are running quite a lot slower, taking over double the time to do things. It seems to be tied only with windows 10, at least on our network.

@kylepbsps @D.Mason I believe you are both correct. I went through the recommended steps on my machine and it didn’t seem to make a significant difference. But we updated my user with the worst performance problems to the most recent Windows update, and then applied the preview fix and he is now running as expected. It seems that there were some performance issues before the upgrade, but once we did the upgrade and people were expecting better (not the same or even worse), people were more willing to voice their complaints. Thanks for the replies.