Epicor 9 Linking tables to use GL Account numbers in Crystal Rep

Create a BAQ to link the tables together, and then your crystal can process the .xml that is created by the BAQ report, or dashboard crystal report.

BAQ's will link those tables together pretty easily.

I have not been successful in linking them via odbc in a crystal, or easily within 4GL because character and numeric fields don't link to each other.

>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, melissa hietala <kevmel822@> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone point me to the right field and/or table(s) to link in Crystal Reports a General Ledger Account # to any of the following tables:
> > Â
> > APInvDtl
> > APInvExp
> > PODetail
> > PORel
> > TranGLC (This is the table with the account #'s)
> > Â
> > I have been on the phone with Epicor support for the past 1 1/2 weeks and all they can tell me is I need to use the table TranGLC with the fields named Key 1-6. These fields will change based on the Primary Index and the table you are linking to.  When I try to link these fields, I get an error message that the data types are not compatible (one type is a character and the other an integer). I have followed their examples exactly and still no luck - what am I doing wrong?
> > Â
> > Example from Epicor:
> > TranGLC.RelatedToFile = PORel Â
> > TranGLC.Key1 = PORel.PONum        error (Data Types are not compatible)
> > TranGLC.Key2 = PORel.POLine        error (Data Types are not compatible)
> > TranGLC.Key3 = PORel.PORelNum    error (Data Types are not compatible)
> > Â
> > Thank you for any help you can give me.
> > Â
> > Sandy Kleinschmidt
> > UMC, Inc.
> > SandraK@
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
Can anyone point me to the right field and/or table(s) to link in Crystal Reports a General Ledger Account # to any of the following tables:
Â
APInvDtl
APInvExp
PODetail
PORel
TranGLC (This is the table with the account #'s)
Â
I have been on the phone with Epicor support for the past 1 1/2 weeks and all they can tell me is I need to use the table TranGLC with the fields named Key 1-6. These fields will change based on the Primary Index and the table you are linking to.  When I try to link these fields, I get an error message that the data types are not compatible (one type is a character and the other an integer). I have followed their examples exactly and still no luck - what am I doing wrong?
Â
Example from Epicor:
TranGLC.RelatedToFile = PORel Â
TranGLC.Key1 = PORel.PONum        error (Data Types are not compatible)
TranGLC.Key2 = PORel.POLine        error (Data Types are not compatible)
TranGLC.Key3 = PORel.PORelNum    error (Data Types are not compatible)
Â
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Â
Sandy Kleinschmidt
UMC, Inc.
SandraK@...

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi Sandy,

Just wondering what the source for for Crystal is? A BAQ or an RDD?
I think Epicor might be giving you the joins as they would appear in a BAQ? But you get errors when trying to link in Crystal because of the data types?

Here is an example of a query phrase from a BAQ for TranGLC -> PORel:

for each TranGLC no-lock where TranGLC.RelatedToFile = 'PORel' , each GLAccount no-lock outer-join where (TranGLC.Company = GLAccount.Company and TranGLC.GLAccount = GLAccount.GLAccount ) , each PORel no-lock where (TranGLC.Company = PORel.Company and TranGLC.Key1 = PORel.PONum and TranGLC.Key2 = PORel.POLine and TranGLC.Key3 = PORel.PORelNum ).

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, melissa hietala <kevmel822@...> wrote:
>
> Can anyone point me to the right field and/or table(s) to link in Crystal Reports a General Ledger Account # to any of the following tables:
> Â
> APInvDtl
> APInvExp
> PODetail
> PORel
> TranGLC (This is the table with the account #'s)
> Â
> I have been on the phone with Epicor support for the past 1 1/2 weeks and all they can tell me is I need to use the table TranGLC with the fields named Key 1-6. These fields will change based on the Primary Index and the table you are linking to.  When I try to link these fields, I get an error message that the data types are not compatible (one type is a character and the other an integer). I have followed their examples exactly and still no luck - what am I doing wrong?
> Â
> Example from Epicor:
> TranGLC.RelatedToFile = PORel Â
> TranGLC.Key1 = PORel.PONum        error (Data Types are not compatible)
> TranGLC.Key2 = PORel.POLine        error (Data Types are not compatible)
> TranGLC.Key3 = PORel.PORelNum    error (Data Types are not compatible)
> Â
> Thank you for any help you can give me.
> Â
> Sandy Kleinschmidt
> UMC, Inc.
> SandraK@...
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>