Epicor Application unable to open

Hi all,

When i tried top open the Epicor application getting this error. Please support.
Error Log::
Error Detail

Message: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.
Inner Exception Message: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.
Program: Epicor.ServiceModel.dll
Method: ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Ice.Proxy.Lib.SessionModImpl.Login()
at Ice.Core.Session.InitSessionMod(String asUrl, Boolean fwVerCheck, String companyID, String plantID)
at Ice.Core.Session.InitSession(Action setCredentials, String asUrl, LicenseType licenseType, String pathToConfigurationFile, Boolean fwVerCheck, String companyID, String plantID)
at Ice.Core.Session…ctor(String userID, String password, String asUrl, LicenseType licenseType, String pathToConfigurationFile, Boolean fwVerCheck, String companyID, String plantID)
at Ice.Core.Session…ctor(String userID, String password, LicenseType licenseType)
at Ice.Lib.LogOn.CreateSession(String userID, String password, String appServerUri, LicenseType licenseType, Boolean useAzureADFallback, Object azureADOwnerWindow)
at IceShell.Apps.LogonDialog.logOn(String userID, String password, Boolean promptUpdatePassword)
at IceShell.Apps.LogonDialog.DoWorkLogon()

Inner Exception

An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

Please post your event viewer server logs.

Did you ever resolve the meaning and cause of this error?
We received it this weekend and I am trying to find the “Inner FaultException” for its fault code and detail.
Thanks if you can follow-up, It would be much appreciated!

If you’re receiving the same error, we would need you to go to the sever, open the Event Viewer, and show us what the log says.

Hey Aaron,
Sorry for the delay. This is one of those mystery solving projects. We periodically are having the task agent die and it show is is trying to restart several times and then finally gives up. On one such occasion, I notice this error shortly before the rest of the issue transpires. The Task agent service is then Will not stop and so I end up doing a quick reboot to get the system back up and printing quickly, but that is not ideal.
I just don’t understand the specifics of this error or the references like :
“Please review Server Event Logs for details.”
I’m in the Event Logs and there are no details in this event.
and
“Inner Exception:An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.”
Where can I find this Fault Exception code and detail?

The actual event info is below
Thanks All for any guidance.

===========================
- System

|||- Provider

[ Name] EpicorTaskAgent3.1.600.0|
| — | — |

|||- EventID 0

[ Qualifiers] 0|
| — | — |

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

|||- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-08-21T01:32:36.976545400Z|
| — | — |

EventRecordID 43237

Channel Epicor ICE Task Agent Service

Computer xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.com

Security

- EventData

ERP10: An error occurred trying to call RunSystemProcess on the application server. Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details. Inner Exception:An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

@Henry_Burke I have separated background processing and use three task agent because @aidacra says so below. This means you can restart the printing appserver or task agents without users knowing. In addition to the event viewer info below. I also have a sql job that looks for Immediate run requests over X minutes and emails support.

From the link above^^^
There is a topic within the TaskAgent Configuration help that discusses how to setup notification when a taskagent stops processing/throws an error–I know that people have used that same trigger to automatically restart the taskagent service* so that it is addressed without manual intervention.

*In 10.1.600, we have a new command line interface for the taskagent where just a taskagent configuration can be restarted instead of the entire service.

1 Like

Hey Thanks Greg,
Thanks for the encouragement and assurances. I will re-read Nathan’s post yet again. I have wanted to enact this multi task agent approach and our consultant indicated it was not useful, so I will challenge that a bit more vigorously. I will also develop the notification piece of this adaptation so at least we know asap that the agent has stopped.
However, in some cases, as in the case I mentioned above, when I was attempting to understand the Events Viewer error and seek more information than this circular event states, the task agent refuses to start back up successfully. Nor does the Ice Task Agent Service successfully restart or stop. Due to time constraints, the fastest remediation has been to restart the whole server asap (<20sec typically). I was digging into the circular event log entry looking for an explanation to perhaps find a root cause or the obstruction to the task agent and task agent service not restarting or stopping as they normally would.

Server log is located in the Epicor App Server branch in Event viewer. Looks like you look into Task agent log instead.

Review the exact error, if it is connected to memory gate, then you need to adjust minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService as described in E10 Memory Issues

Thank you Olga! I will pursue this lead.

-Henry