Epicor Field Service Module

Looking to talk to anyone using Epicor’s Field Service Module ASAP. Please let me know if you can chat. 262-354-6233

@Becky there are a few field service users on the forum, myself included.
What issue are you running into?

No issues yet, don’t own the module. We are currently implementing Service Pro so we have the Field Service Integration module and are at the crossroads of pulling the plug on the project because we don’t feel the product will give us what we want. We are considering shifting to using Field Service module and creating our own means of scheduling & dispatching and report creation. Want to have a phone call with 1-2 users of the Field Service module to discuss how the functionality is working and how they are using it.

Hi all, I’m new to Epicor and this forum. I also have some questions about the Field Service Module if someone is available to discuss. Thanks.

We are looking at field service and service pro. Would love to make contact with anyone with experience with either or both.

Field Service module user. Open to discussion.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

I’m fairly new to Epicor - only been using it live for about 18 months. We are trying to set up the Field Service module in our test environment and I’ve been using the user’s guide to help me along. The first issue I ran into regards “cost vs. price” (for lack of a better term). I want to treat a field service job in the same way that we would treat a manufacturing job, in that I have FS Technicians that have a defined hourly cost to the company, and we also have published FS rates that we charge our customers. When a Tech charges to a FS job, I want to be able to see the cost to the job, as well as be able to charge the customer the rates we define. In addition, we charge the customer different rates for straight time, overtime, holidays, etc. I’m thinking that either a) the Tech will identify the “type” of charge time when he is entering his time for on the job, or b) we could create logic to determine the time of day/week that the labor is charged and apply the appropriate rate.

To date I haven’t seen how I can have 2 different values assigned to a job - or how I can see what the charges (cost) to the job are. I can enter a single rate, and it appears that Epicor treats this as both the cost and selling rate. Am I missing something?

Full disclosure - the UG refers to setting up rates at the employee level by having the “Mobile Field Service Module” installed. Our Account Manager had told us that this module was obsolete and no longer available. We have recently been told that Epicor is going to make it available to us. I have not installed that module yet, so perhaps all of my issues above will be addressed when I’m able to get that module installed?

I have many more nuances to a Field Service call that will need to be addressed, but if I can’t get basic cost vs. price issues resolved, the rest is moot.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you may have.

Mick,
You need to pull in multiple operations (you can create a template to always pull in those operations for a new service job):
These are the ones we created:
SVCST = Straight Time
SCVOT = Over Time
SVCDT = Double Time
SVCTS = Travel Straight Time
SVCTO = Travel Over Time
SVCTD = Travel Double Time

Exactly you create a “FIELDSERVICE” Part and then create a Revision and into Methods sort out all of the Operations and Materials, then unit pricing in Part master. Then with Get Details they can quickly build out the Service Job.

I’m going to share this BAQ that I have been working on with you, maybe you find it useful. It really helped me to visualize where all the Prices and Costs come from as the thing moves through the system.
ServiceJobCostsReport_InWork.baq (89.0 KB)

We have our Materials setup with Airfare, Lodging, Meals, Mileage, Heavy Equipment Rental, etc. Our Operations cover things like StdDay, OTDay, SatDay, TravelTime, etc.

This post may shed a little light on the various ways to put cost to the service jobs.
How to capture Cost on Misc Charge? - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

We’re not running this module. It’s all done at the moment directly inside Epicor proper, or through passing paper, which is entered directly inside Epicor proper.

Hi All,

We have been utilising Epicor for numerous years now, possessing a fully functional service module that we’ve never actually used; we’ve solely employed it for production and warehousing, which I’ve always found quite perplexing. I am now tasked with initiating the service aspect so we can organise our service tasks, breakdowns, calibrations, etc., for our travelling engineers who also require scheduling. I’m at a loss as to where to begin and would greatly appreciate any advice on whom I could contact for assistance in navigating this process from start to finish.

Thanks

You may want to talk to your CAM. A while back, Epicor acquired a rich Field Service package that we are deeply integrating with our products (Kinetic, P21, etc). The FSM Package is about to be demonstrated at Insights 2024.

1 Like

I agree with Tim. Please reach out to your CAM. We’re launching our new Field Service Management (FSM) near the end of May integration with Kinetic and P21 to start, with more detail as part of Insights. It has features like a FSM Mobile app, the ability to schedule and dispatch technicians, auto-invoice customers once services are completed, manage service contracts, and so much more.

2 Likes

I will add my 2 cents also. While the standard Epicor module can do all of what @JenT says, it is extremely clunky. It took me a long time to implement it at another company and there were no resources at Epicor that knew how to use it (this was back in 2015-2016).

Also, if a Company buys another Company that already does what they do, that kind of tells you all you need to know about their existing product.