Epicor Kinetic- rest-erp

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to create a new record in the CashGrp table using REST-ERP call
Everything looks okay but I am stuck saving the dataset in custom View from Response parameters. I have tried all combinations but have not been able to find the correct way to fill it.

I have also tried adding following things but no luck:
Parse from Response Path: returnObj or parameters or ds (nothing works for me)

Can anyone confirm for me how to find the correct way to input response parameters?

This is what I found in MetaUI:

appreciate your help

Parameter Name is going to be the table name from the dataset.
View Name is your DataView in App Studio.
Parse from Response Path needs to be returnObj. Seems CashGrp is different. This needs to be parameters/ds.

Typically, follow what’s in the network’s response:

90% of the time, that’s returnObj.

thanks Hannah. I did the same but it didn’t work. Just want to mention, I am creating new record in CashGrp.

Remove this:

Did you put anything in here? If so, that botches the widget and you’ll have to delete it and recreate it. Don’t touch that property.

*Changed my DataView name to be “CashGroupView” to make it less ambiguous.

The rest of it:

Thanks, Hannah,

I find this one is the culprit. Thanks again :slight_smile:

@hmwillett This is the second step to creating CashHead. Everything works fine but it breaks in the last method: UpdateMaster and not providing enough info about that. Can you help me to look that below?

Dataview to store CashHead Data:

I have created another DataView to bind CashHead data.

First step: rest-erp : GetNewCashHeadType

Second Step: row-update (These are required fields)

Third Step: REST-ERP Pre-Update

Upto Here everything works fine and I am getting update row in CashHead Dataview.

Forth Step: Rest-ERP UpdateMaster

Till Pre-Update I am getting response:

UpdateMaster: Payload has row coming from CashHead DataView but response has error and it is not creating CashHead row.

This is solved after multiple tries. thank you :slight_smile:

Well tell us what you were missing.

Inquiring minds would like to know.

everything same as Hannah suggested for CashGrp. Just need to add a couple of methods to pass Update Master for CashHead Svc.

Some would put all of this logic in an Epicor Function. Instead of making multiple REST calls, you make just one.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Wonsil ,
Any pointers on documentation about how to go about that (creating epicor functions)? But that’s probably too advanced for me at this stage.

I am all at sea trying to do something similar to this, simply adding a row to UD05 using the erp-rest widget (Its in relation to this Possible solution for silent BAQ parameter passing, (but stuck on linking dataview to a UD Table)). I’ve been able to delete a row, but that’s about it. Utterly confused as to how to populate a row of data and send it to my table using the basically undocumented widgets.

The example discussed here is close to what I need but probably does a bit more.

I just need to push a row to UD05, populating key1 through key4, and setting Number01, and pretty sure I can do it with erp-rest calls. I tried GetANewUD005 but other posts here seem to suggest I just need to call UpdateExt to add a new row.

Do I need to creata a dataview to “bind” results to and manually add the columns I want? eg
(and do i only need the columns I want to set, or all)

then binding that dataview

Or do I do it by populating json directly somewhere else?

If you have any experience with Method or Data Directives (BPMs), you’ll find yourself very close to home. Here’s a basic review calling one Business Object but there are other good examples on the forum:

You still make all the same calls that you’re trying to do from the client but you encapsulate them into one call. It’ll make your UI event smaller and reduce the calls on the wire.

1 Like

Smaller and faster sounds all good to me! Thanks Mark I’ll check up on the other post you provided.

But first, I want to make “bigger slower” work as its neeeeearly there, as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I would put a different scenario in this topic as it also refers to erp-rest widget.
I have a view called FiltersView and it has 3 columns (JobNum, PartNum and PartDesctiption)

Then I created an event which trigger at FiltersView.JobNum changed

Inside there is condition and erp-rest widget. Let’s skip the condition in discussion as it is not important here (assume it is always false). My goal is to call Erp.BO.JobEntrySvc and map PartNum and PartDescription from response to FiltersView.PartNum and FiltersView.PartDescription.
I have tried to setup widget in different ways described in this topic but it seems not to be working for me. Have anyone been doing such thing?
I know that I can map part of the response to DataView but here I would like to map specific response value to specific DataView column directly. Is this even possible with this widget?

The response I got from service is like this