Epicor Learning

Finally by clicking on the online help link in Epicweb I was able to locate the kinetic guides which apparently are only available in the 2022.2 version of the help, not the 2021.2 version of the help. I was able to locate the Application Studio User guide which looks fantastic - I have been asking for this for a year and am thrilled to see it. I only wish I had known about this months ago when I started trying to use application studio.

4 Likes

I will have to dig into this and understand more context for why that is, but thank you for the feedback. Glad you were able to find some of what you were looking for. More to come!

3 Likes

This is really helpful, taking this back to the team to dig into it!

1 Like

I have access to a (client’s… ssshhh!) SaaS environment, and when I search for Kinetic Guides Download I see what you see and am downloading everything there.

Several Technical Reference manuals, however, are still not there (MRP, Job Costing, Multi-Site to name 3) … any idea on a time frame for them?

The module User Guides look very similar to the Classic Education Course Documents! There are currently 11 of those, Classic had over 100, again do you have any idea on the time frame for the rest?

1 Like

@Ernie Content for the Kinetic 2022.2 user guides should be available by end of February. We are working to confirm timelines for the others and will provide an update once I know more.

3 Likes

Hi All, I’m Tricia Symes, the Epicor Learning content development manager for Epicor manufacturing. We are currently in the process of uplifting technical reference guides and user guides from Classic to Kinetic. The Kinetic Guides Download page is available in the General > Guides Download section of the 2022.2 Kinetic help. It contains the technical reference and user guides that have currently been uplifted to Kinetic. We are chunking down the Kinetic User Guide by functional area /module, as the original classic guide was almost 2000 pages. We plan to have that content complete by the end of February, but we are adding the guide for each module as we complete it so that you can access it immediately.

We have also been adding Getting Started pages in many core functional areas that contain process flows and setup, operational, and report links to better guide you through our help material. As with the guides, we are targeting the end of February to complete the core modules.

For tools content, we have been developing guide content alongside with Kinetic product tools development. For example, we have a new user guide on the Kinetic BAQ Designer and a guide on Kinetic Configurator. As tools functionality continues to be uplifted to Kinetic, we will continue to expand our available Kinetic tools help and guide content.

I have attached procedures for downloading Kinetic guides from the Kinetic Help and it contains a section on how to access the Kinetic help from EpicWeb.

Kinetic_DownloadingGuidesfromHelp_2022.2.pdf (715.3 KB)

We will continue to create and provide technical reference and user guides as we understand that they are a critical need and want for our customers.

8 Likes

I’m so happy to hear this! I wish the documentation could have been available when Kinetic was first released and/or that the documentation plan could have been communicated out more effectively - it would have avoided a lot of frustration.

3 Likes

I also think its awesome that you are breaking it into chunks. Because I never enjoyed downloading a 200mb file for the 2 chapters I really cared about. Nice! Good News.

7 Likes

I also wanted encourage you all to submit your ideas for the ELC in the Epicor Ideas portal. This will allow everyone the opportunity to voting for features they would like to see, help us integrate your direct feedback/ideas into our future roadmaps, and visibility into the ideas progress!

All you need to do is login using the link below for the Kinetic portal and select the ELC workspace.

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new

I will be taking a lot of the feedback that has already been posted in here and adding them to our workspace.

Thanks again for all of your time and feedback! Please keep it coming, we are listening!

3 Likes

27 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kinetic ideas 50 idea limit frustration

Let’s give it a go! Let me know if this link works for you…

https://kinetichelp222.epicor.com/hc/en-us/articles/11562692932749-Kinetic-Guides-Download

~WRD000.jpg

image001.png

Let’s not divert this topic over to the “vote” topic… but just to set the record straight:

1. you should be able submit new ideas and comment on them without adding votes to them.
  2. DISCOVERY made during research… you say “most of us dont have any votes available”. turns out that while I THOUGH I would agree with you initially on this statement, there were only about 6 users (out of 3000?) who had used more than 45 votes. SO, while you may have consumed your 50, you are in the extreme minority.
2 Likes

Looks like my reply was diverted to a new thread. Whats your take on the attached idea?

https://www.epiusers.help/t/re-epicor-learning/98069/2?u=karihagedorn

@askulte Still getting used to EpiUsers again lol forgive me! Reposting here!

What if ELC specific ideas such as training and documentation were exempt from the 50 vote rule?

Me too, Jason. I’ve got them all saved together in one giant, searchable PDF.

@SteveFossey - Thanks for your input, very much appreciated! Are you referring to content that explains why they system is setup to do what it does? For example, content that would explain to a non-technical person the why behind the system functionality?

1 Like

I guess? That seems a funny way to put it though. It’s really just exactly as I wrote it. These aren’t non-technical folks, but even technical folks need to be able to see whats going on.

In my example, why is it so hard to figure out what causes a PO change suggestion? Sure, there are a lot of variables, but surely there’s a finite decision tree somewhere that gets us there? And if so, why isn’t it available?

That’s more what I’m saying…

1 Like

Gotcha, yes on the same page. Probably not stated the right way, in my initial comments. I was referring to an example I have faced in past experience with my previous company. Many times people were new to the an ERP system (often times the skilled laborers on the shop floor) were asking the “why” and needed to understand the logic behind what they were doing before seeing the value. To you point whether or not they know how to use the system, it is helpful for all users to understand the background on how the logic is setup.

2 Likes

@aosemwengie1 @Mark_Wonsil @hkeric.wci

As Tim has communicated we do care about your feedback and appreciate all your participation thus far. I would kindly ask that we focus on Epicor learning specific feedback in this thread. (Yes, I know I was the one to bring up the ideas portal! :melting_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) The direction this conversation has taken would be better suited for the Epicor Idea post.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue sharing LEARNING feedback in this post!

2 Likes

I have moved all the ideas related… erm… “gripes” to the ideas thread. Now this thread can continue to be about Epicor Learning. Thanks for your patience @karihagedorn as you can tell we have some passionate folks in this forum.

5 Likes