Epicor Speed Differences

Whats he doing differently to be routed through 10.240.0.5 and .6 while you are .1 and .2 – Load Balancer?

Ping is good, and there may be nothing in-between harming Ping, so difficult to say…

Also check yours and his DNS Servers ipconfig /all

I’m not sure. They all seem to be on .5 and .6.
Even when I switched to their domain, I was still being routed through .1 and .2.

So go to Network Settings on his PC and your PC find the WiFi (I assume he is on WiFi not Ethernet) and you are too… Then check the Settings on the Adapter, what does he have for Gateway, DHCP, DNS… do you match.

Id be curious to find out what the .5 and .6 are

If he is on Ethernet and not WiFi, then see if you can get onto Ethernet too :slight_smile: (again might be routing through diff VLAN or Switch) with diff QoS

1 Like

PS this is also a good tool to scan a range, it tries to list Device Names:

odd :smiley: I wonder if a GPO Setting got applied from their AD.

Run this via cmd prompt see if something sticks out in the applied gpo on your laptop.

gpresult /h result.html

How long does this take to run? o.O (going on 20+ minutes).

On a related note, my machine is just as fast again, so I wonder if it just took a bit to resolve the DNS.

It should take about 10-20min, depending how long it takes for it to get the details :smiley: - meanwhile compare DNS ipconfig /all etc…

Then if you have a diff DNS Server, go to the other workstation under Control Panel -> Network Settings … go find the Adapter and modify TCP/IP 4 and explicitly define your DNS Server or so, for testing. Youd be surprised how slow DNS Servers can make things slow, especially if one is using their ISPs DNS Server behind scenes :slight_smile:

Looks the same.
Same DNS, Gateway, and all the other fancy words I don’t fully understand, lol.
The only thing different was our IP4/6 and the DNS search list (I have more access than he does)

Does he have ipv6 or you? if he does Disable it, atleast I have seen where networks don’t properly implement ipv6 then it spends time trying to use ipv6 yet the switches struggle because they were well configured for ipv4 (latency basically).

Beyond that I dont know buddy, If you can replicate slowness when joining their AD over again and speed when you leave it… I’d start looking at AD or Internal Traffic Filters, Apps, and Switches the trace-route exits out through.

Maybe even there is some Azure side settings you have to set-up QoS for their ISPs ip-range or something.

No luck forcing the DNS and Gateway or disabling IPv6. :neutral_face:

Do

ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset

No joy.

Did the gpresult ever generate :smiley: if so see if anything sticks out. It should have generated an html.

It did not. Lemme re-run it.

It ran, but I’m not really sure what I’m looking at.

You’ll have to just rejoin their AD and then ping trace see if it ever switchs you to .5 or .6… and also be on the same WiFi or Ethernet as they are (exact same) No Guest WiFi, No 5ghz WiFI literally the same… and just continue troubleshooting – you’ll eventually stumbled upon the bottleneck if you can replicate it.

You can send it in PM #privacy I assume it ran your AD, do you also have 1 of his computer so we can run WinMerge on both and get diffs?

Basically looking for anything like Firewall/SonicWall/VLAN/Tag/DNS/QoS or some other NIC settings.

What you are looking at:
When you join an AD and restart you get “Group Policies” from that Domain and it lists the settings applied to your User/PC from the AD. ADs can basically do anything they want with your laptop it belongs to them, change registry settings etc…

You can also get them without reboot many times by

gpupdate /force

So, if I trace to our SQL server (separate app servers), it goes through .5 and .6, while the app server consistently chooses .1 and .2.
His did .5/6 for both.

Nice! Now you just have to figure why and that may reveal his latency… what if you do

nslookup yourappserver
nslookup yoursqlserver

Its almost as if his PC things they are the same IP or as if the trace his connection goes through is through a diff switch.

You sure someone didn’t just apply the host and IP to the hosts file and put in both hosts for same ip.

// open w notepad
C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts