Epicor Speed Differences

Just make sure you can still fit into the airplane seat. :rofl:

3 Likes

Here’s the PDT and Network test for Azure:

(The network tests were run from Mexico. They’re lower if I run this in Wisconsin)

Hmmm, What’s your SQL app server setup like, you can PM me if you don’t want to make it public.

I am interested to know if you have your APP and SQL servers in different subnets.

Did you take a look at resource monitor in detail on his machine, and look at what other things are running that may be running on their computer that might be competing for resources…I’m thinking incorrectly configured virtual memory settings, fragmented disk…or a disk on the way out even.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but are you seeing this on all other Mexico machines?

This is the key, here. It started happening on everyone’s computer around the same time.
We even took a new, out-of-box, machine and installed Epicor with the same results.

Network guys swear up-and-down nothing changed.

Windows update perhaps?

I was thinking so, but when I joined their domain, the latest updates installed on my machine (doh!), but mine was still fast.

Got me stumped, I’m afraid. Is your cache folder in the default location “program data” or do you just have it in a normal folder? Maybe Process Mon and FileMon might help.

I tried the default ProgramData as well as an alternate cache location.
No change in speed. (Made sure both had full control)

No…I’m definitely baffled.

You and me both!
I’ve more or less given up (for the time being).
I have so many other things I’m supposed to be doing down here. Tech support was not one! LOL

1 Like