Epicor SQL API on SAAS ? Are there options? Business Logic API's are there options?

My company uses Kinetic 2022.2.11

1. What is the FINITE LIST of API’s and the technology required to do Custom SQL to Read and Write to the Epicor Database in a SAAS environment.

2. I want to use custom SQL to get a “data set / list of rows” from a DB/SAAS environment - can this be done?

3. What technologies exist to interface to a SAAS/API interfaces with defined business logic API’s. Examples:

• Update Sales Order Line
  1. if Question3 “exists” where can I get a documented list of API Business logic functions.

2. Big ask but please post any “getting started” links. I have Epicor Learning Center

• I had basic training on Application Studio and customizations, but I honestly think if I could write more effective user friendly applications in asp.net if it is possible but I am willing to learn/use and develop in any technology

Sorry for my novice questions

With epicor you don’t write or read directly from SQL you use their APIS to extract and put that information in while abiding by all their business logic. Writing directly to SQL violates your support agreement among other things.

Here’s a few threads on Rest and how to use it

I have written a library with a few friends that let you interact with the rest API using .NET that can be found here

Where you can find the the entire OpenAPI Style Documentation for the rest interface.

Anything can be done but it is not the best way to accomplish this also if you are in a SaaS environment I very much doubt you’ll have SQL Access. BAQ’s is what you are looking for here for data extracts

Epicor has a REST interface that can talk to anything lanage , framework and tool out there. If you want some stuff that works right out of the box look at Epicor Integration Studio through workato.

You can also look at the API Documentation in your own system at

https://server.tld/YourEpicorInstance/api/help

7 Likes

I am excited to see your reply and all the links you posted.

Thank you very much

Howie