Epicor Support - Essential or Pro

So a customer with a Pro agreement, and with a product in its Extended Support phase, would have access to critical Bug fixes.

But a customer with Essential would not?

Here’s a link to the webinar:
https://epicorsoftware.webex.com/mw3300/mywebex/nbrshared.do?action=playback&siteurl=epicorsoftware&portalLink=nbrRecordingPlayback&recordID=174740722&recordKey=4832534b00000004615f8cbf91880b10672fe776da907341cc164723093fed78e679773377fe495f&serviceRecordID=174741307

FOUND IT!!

1 Like

Mike, I believe you are right. I was only half listening myself but I do remember hearing about the $5K or some percentage whichever is greater.

I don’t remember hearing about anything as a percentage other than that. It seemed they were talking in circles…just my opinion. :wink:

1 Like

Jumping to 8:30 of the video, it seems like it’s not a true matrix, of Essential/Pro vs Active/Sustaining/Extended.

But rather you only get support for products in the Extended phase of their life cycle, if you pay an additional 25%.

So I’ll take a wild guess…

• Essential vs Pro really comes down to speed of response(60 vs 30 min)and hours(local business vs 24x7(P1) /24x5(P2)). With Essential being included in the price of maintenance. Pro is and up-cost.
  • Products in the Extended Phase of their life-cycle, do not get critical patches or technical support - unless you purchase the the Extended support. Which is 25% of whatever support you current have (Ess or Pro)

Sound right?

Oh, right! I remember that now! Isn’t that an additional 25% to get the highest level of Essential support (Active support vs. Sustaining support)? So if you are on a version that is older than 2 years but upgrading within 12 months, you can get the same support as if you were on the highest version?

Thanks @ckrusen!! I know I wasn’t’ completely crazy - and thanks for finding the link.

And I think you’re absolutely right - I thought it was an alternative level, but it sounds more like an ‘extended’ support option for products that you want to ride out into Extended support until you do your upgrade.

Whew, I really thought I was going :crazy_face: for a minute.

1 Like

here is a link to the whole PDF…

https://epicweb.epicor.com/resources/webcasts/SiteAssets/Pages/New-Epicor-Essential-and-Pro-Support/SupportServicePlans2019.pdf#search=essential%20support

1 Like

I think what would seal the deal for us with Pro support would be if we knew we could get our issues to development quicker. We tend to do all our due diligence in house before we report issues to support. There are times where I feel we are going in circles before our case finally is sent to development. I see it says access to senior tech support staff which is fantastic, for us it is more about can we get our problems into the hands of development to get them reviewed faster. That equals win - win for both parties. None of us likes to see things not working as expected.

2 Likes