Epicor Support - Essential or Pro

It was a Saturday… So the elevator wouldn’t go to the “Essentials” floor, and I had no access to the “Pro” floor. :wink:

3 Likes

:smile:

The Web Ex about this is about to start. For those interested.
Check your email from an invite from Epicor.

3 Likes

After attending today’s webex we are still discussing the benefit of Pro vs Essential. Thoughts from anyone else.

(I was on the webex but didn’t hear every word)
Assuming you will stay at least moderately current, it looks like a re-branding of the same service we currently have, with some bonuses/tools for those willing to pay for Pro. She specifically said that escalations would still be available for ‘essentials’ so I’m thinking it’s staying the same.

if you plan to ride a version out to end of life and are willing take a chance on bugs and the lack of fixes, then you can do 25% of the support costs, but no new purchases, patches, or anything until you get back on essentials.

That was the summary as I understood it. We’re looking to stay at essentials for now.

2 Likes

Yes, it sure looked like a re-naming to me. There are some new bells and whistles, but they didn’t have to roll out this entire dog and pony show just for those.

Mike does that mean as well as essentials and pro there is also a level below which costs 25% less?

For those of us off maintenance it is a step in the right direction to maybe getting back on to some kind of support, but being a tight and miserable Scot and working for even more tight and miserable Scots, only 25% less is not a big incentive.

3 Likes

Nope :slight_smile: It’s only 25% of the cost of Essential support - a 75% discount - that is the way I interpreted that, but they were moving pretty fast so I would need to get confirmation with my CAM on that.

Ah, got you.

1 Like

I still don’t understand if there are just 2 (“Essentials” and “Pro”), or if there is a third.

And what is only 25% the cost of Essential?

She hasn’t sent the presentation recording link or I’d post it, but there is a third option for

folks like @mcfreedombaby that allows you to pay 25% of the cost, but you cannot purchase/add new modules, nor can you get bug fixes or anything but the most basic support.

We definitely need more clarification on this option.

@josecgomez - you were there - am I totally wrong on this?

So whatever that lowest level is, it sounds like very basic support. As opposed to Essential and Pro which are support and maintenance.

For as unimpressed as I am with the new Essential support, I can’t see why anyone would pay for the “basic”, when you’d get a faster answer posting here.

1 Like

I don’t remember hearing that there are 3 options. I thought the 25% pricing was in addition to go between Essential and Pro. Am I wrong?

@josecgomez - that first graphic refers to the type of support a product can receive, depending on where the product is in its life-cycle, and not levels offered to customers. No?

Calvin - yes - I see it as a matrix. Support options vary based on where your current production version falls within the product life cycle.

The screenshots don’t show the 25% thing I was talking about so I’m not sure if Jose is confirming or denying its existence. :slight_smile: I can’t image I was totally hallucinating…

I thought the ‘uplift charge’ was the greater of $5k or 15% of the cost of essentials. the 25% was a ‘cheap, long-term sustaining’ support option.

I did not hear anything about 25% ¯\(ツ)

1 Like

OMG - This is embarassing… I don’t think I hallucinated that, but I apologize to all if I did and have thrown you all a curve ball on this. I’ve been searching to see if I could find the recording presentation but I cannot at the moment…

How convenient … :wink:

LOL - Right!?
I keep hitting refresh on my Outlook to see if the email with the link has come in yet… probably won’t get it until next week…