Epicor system is down

The Epicor is down and the following is the error. Anyone know why and please help. Thank you very much.

System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The requested service, ‘net.tcp://epi-app01.xxxxx.net/Epicor/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc’ could not be activated. See the server’s diagnostic trace logs for more information.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory1.ClientSecurityChannel1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntry`1.CreateNewChannel()

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.GetChannel()

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.HandleContractBeforeCall()

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

My first guess would be that the password used for the App (setup in Epicor Admin Console) has changed. Update the password in EAC and re-deploy

99% of the time, I just reboot the Appserver when I get this error and it fixes itself…

1 Like
  1. look at the event viewer on server machine.

2. open this address

in the browser on that server machine.

You will see additional error description

Maybe your previous thread will support you on your error.

I suggest rebooting the APP server.

When I see this error, I usually set the WCF throttle in my web.config file using the instructions in the link below:

1 Like

When we saw this message we would also see that 99% of Memory was being consumed on the app server and it was always one of the IIS websites for one of our environments. We would recycle IIS when we would start to see these messages.

1 Like

Thank you all for your information. Seems like we have app server to SQL server connection issue. Do you guys know what port and protocol used for the connection btw app server and sql server? Thanks.

Can you ping the SQL server from the App server?

Yes, I can ping from app server to sql server.

If you go into EAC, launch the App Server Configuration, go to the Database tab, and Test Connection, do you get an error?

Yes, I tested, it didn’t work

Can you remote into the SQL server and connect to the production DB via SSMS, using the credentials specified in the App Server Config?

Yes, I can rdp and lauch ssms connect to the DB. Thank you very much Calvin.