Epicor Web Access

Dear experts, We have created one customized report using BAQ report designer & Launch this report in customization form on button click event.

private void btnPrintPreview_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs args)
{
try
{
if(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(Convert.ToString(txtPONum.Text)))
{
LaunchFormOptions opts = new LaunchFormOptions();
opts.ValueIn = Convert.ToString(txtPONum.Text);
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans,“UDPO01”,opts);
}
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
ExceptionBox.Show(ex);
}
}

After that we have generated the web form of customized form. Everything works fine in epicor web access. If we are running this report using menu maintenance . it is working fine.

But while click on customized button to Preview this report, System is throwing error msg “Record Not Found”

I recall an issue we had a while back with EWA forms not being available - in company maintenance, the MetaData Output path needs to be a UNC path to the directory where EWA is installed. And of course, the web access URL must be correct.

We had to create a share for the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ashworth-EWA folder so we could create the UNC path to it for the Metadata Output path field.

When this was simply the c:\inetpub… path, the Generate Forms process was not placing any of our custom stuff in the proper place for use in EWA.

Dear Mike, look into the attached screen shot.

Maintenance

Report Definition and Menu allowed for all companies?

Dear Surendra, We have checked everything is same as suggested refer to attached screenshots

While generating Web Form of this baq report system is throwing warning message

This is for my TEST system but PROD is the same just minus the word ‘test’ - and these two values point to the same physical location. The Web Access URL comes from the IIS Site URL that is created when you install EWA extension, and the MetaData path is a network share (whose security = ‘Everyone’ has access) that points to the IIS EWA Site’s physical directory path. (I think that is correct).

Think of it like this, the Full client needs a path to download custom objects - that is the ‘Deployment Folder’ entry in your sysconfig file. Installation guide says that that location needs to be a network share so all the clients can get to it, so we make it a share and all the clients are happy.

When you create a custom object for EWA, the Appserver may have access (to save the file) to the location specified in this box because it’s on the same server, but IIS will not when acting on behalf of an EWA login. So we have to make it a share, and open up it’s security so IIS can get to it while bypassing all of the typical user security.

Hope that helps. THIS IS an overly simplified explanation. We could dive down into all the intricacies of how security works through EWA/IIS compared to the Epicor Client if you want. And I’m sure there is a more controlled way to secure the Metadata share…

same I am getting but you ignore it. I agree with @MikeGross suggestion, as he shown my setting also same and working fine.

Dear @Mike, We did same changes as suggested

1. Open Company Maintenance
  2. Change the MetaData Output Path
  3. Generate Web Form for Custom UD |Form and BaqReport
  4. While click on Print Preview button

Same problem is coming

can you check your baq is returning data based on provided criteria on Report ?

If we are directly open the Baq report using Report menu, It is working fine. But when we are trying to call same report on custom Print Preview button in Web Access, System is throwing error “Record Not found”

private void baseToolbarsManager_ToolClick(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolClickEventArgs args)
{
switch (args.Tool.Key)
{
case “PrintPreviewTool”:
if(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(txtKeyField.Text))
{
LaunchFormOptions opts = new LaunchFormOptions();
opts.ValueIn = txtKeyField.Text;
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans,“UDPO01”,opts);
}
break;
}
}

can you check calling form load data " opts.ValueIn = txtKeyField.Text;"
passing correctly

I didn’t get you. could you please explain me?

read this post Pass Parameters to Form - #9 by skearney