EpicWeb is the slowest website in the world

Seems the slow Epicweb downloads are hosted on a server within an IP range owned by Epicor.

Docstar downloads are hosted on Amazon CloudFront CDN.

@Mark_Wonsil Cloud for the win in this instance :+1:

1 Like

Epicor does use the Azure CDN for distributing the Rich Clients to the Public Cloud users. Just sayinā€™

1 Like

Someone from Epicorā€™s Customer Experience team reached out to me on this matter. I linked them to this post and re-iterated the information. He said he is looking at it.

If you would like to share your experience, post it on this post. It is being monitored by Epicor.

I also did mention that US Downloads are decent while if you are from lets say UK it is very slow.

1 Like

@gpayne besides the downloads, how are your page loadsā€¦ navigating from page to page? Especially clicking on Downloads section takes me about 1-2 minutes to load.

1 Like

Man it is really bad today. I clocked over 2 minutes just to open Sign In

Itā€™s always slow on those pages, for sure, though.

And that just compounds the already frustrating experience of navigating the downloads page.

The base version is in ā€œReleases,ā€ but the newest patch (point release) is in ā€œVersion 10.2.600ā€ (or what have you) and older patches are in that versionā€™s ā€œArchiveā€ subfolder.

Slowness makes that even more painful when you forget where to goā€¦

1 Like

It never does fully load for me.

The slowness is a definitely a pain but I can live with that.

What I really object to is the way Epicor keeps changing access to different menu sections. Almost every year I have to contact my CAM to ask for access to some section of EpicWeb be restored. My site still need items related to V8, E9 and E10. Someone at Epicor keeps removing whole versions from my EpicWeb menu display? WTF Epicor?

Mine finally loaded and when I I try to download the Release for 10.2.700.0 I get a "Connection Not secure warning from Chrome.

I just thought all of this was normal. When we purchased the software in 2018, I went in and started downloading manuals/software. It was such a pain to get to they finally provided me with direct links to the items in patches.epicor.com to help me get started.

Maybe it is. That way the speed at which the Client runs doesnā€™t seem so slow. :wink:

3 Likes

@hkeric.wci yes that is slow to load. I assume because it is validating what your account is allowed to see. I assume this because the SQL download was made available for me after I refreshed the page in response to a support request.

Like with @bordway they removed my 9.05 after I updated our production version to 10.2 probably to make it quicker.

Its a bit faster today.

And I canā€™t just stop complainingā€¦ yet.
EpicWeb for the AnswertBooks? Either the menu has been removed or I canā€™t find it anymore? And only a small fraction of answerbooks have been moved to the EpicCare site.

Epicor E10 has been a great improvement AND thanks to this site, I can almost always find the E10 information I need.
Butā€¦ I still need to work on older versions too, where those old answerbooks used to really come in handy sometimes.

1 Like

@bordway I went and looked and all of the places they used to lurk are cleaned up.

Nothing to do with the AnswerBooks, but I have found this view useful as it lists everything in the knowledgebase without have to guess a search.

EDIT: Well that was a bust. The link just went to a sign in and did not redirect. If you are ALREADY logged in to EpicCare and paste the link below you will see the page I use.

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/$knowledge.do?sysparm_kb=656cc1764f5c5a40f13be8128110c75a&sysparm_category=-1&browse_type=categories&sysparm_type_filter=all

The patches website had been unsecured for years. We noticed it a while back during a security audit. I mentioned it in the thread about the security breach earlier this month. Looks like someone was paying attention. I saw yesterday that itā€™s now on 443 with a cert created 12/15.

1 Like

I was working on a QuickShip upgrade last night. It took 6 minutes to get past the:

screen. Then it was painfully slow to navigate to the Quickship page to get to my download. Then it was 9 minutes to download a 400 MB file (I have 1Gb up/down).

It was literally faster to install the upgrade than it was to get to and download it.

1 Like

2 Likes

I timed it today and took a screen recording. 2 minutes 38 seconds to get to the E10 downloads pageā€¦ On a 500/500 connection.

Indeed it reminded me of the old dial-up days and all I had to download was the 600.18 patch took 3 hours! Iā€™d hate to have to download full versions at that rate.

I had someone from Epicor take a look and they stopped replying. I wonder if @cwarticki can send this thread along somewhere.