EpicWeb is the slowest website in the world

I don’t see the big deal? I mean it’s annoying, but you only download docs every so-often, and patches I start loading the page before a bathroom break come back and it’s ready. Give me a reason to stretch my legs :smiley:

It’s sharepoint my expectations are low out of the box.

I use the FTP which is fast… However the only big deal I see is for non-US Users like @markdamen who is in the UK who tried the FTP and is only getting 22/k/s so downloading a Patch or an .iso takes him 30+ hours.

1 Like

I sent feedback off via their web form and they responded that it was working on their end :joy:

In the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal. It’s just really annoying. And for what Epicor charges for support you’d think they could do a little better than this.

4 Likes

22 hours that’s a long bathroom break!

@markdamen next time you need something hmu I’ll download it and you can download from me LOL

1 Like

Maybe they’ll come out with a “Super Ultra Premium Platinum Support” level for $$$$$…

1 Like

Now it wasn’t this bad 2 months ago… It was usable but slow… but something slowed it down 10x more since December / SolarWinds Issue. That is basically the reason of this thread… The slowness was always there… but now its Extreme Slow.

We had similar issues in the past when our Firewall was set to filter all traffic, including internal-internal. Maybe they beefed up their security with the breach and now its causing bottlenecks.

1 Like

Maybe the extra stops in China and Russia to add some “special” code features. :wink:

edit

Well, since the thread was closed while I was in mid-reply, I’ll just tack it on to this post.

Went to https://epicweb.epicor.com/products/epicor-erp-10/downloads. The page took 47 sec to load.

That was was just to get to the page list the available downloads for E10. Started downloading the file UD10.2.700.zip and my browser estimated 32 minutes for the 488M file.

Snooping on the TCP traffic on my computer shows it is being downloaded from 159.66.228.74. A WhoIs shows that is owned by Epicor, and was last updated on … wait for it … on 12-17-2020.
Well

2 Likes

Sure we all pay the Epicor tax but if I were voting on it, I’d rather my dollars in Time+Material be spent in the product than speeding up the SharePoint site. Their CDB has to be outrageous it would be low on my priority pole too. Sure it’s annoying but if I were to go to bat and spend time harassing them about anything it’s going to be WIP but you know how I do. #WipIsGarbage

1 Like

You know what they say… “slow boat to china”

1 Like

How can they sell Cloud Hosting that markets as super fast when someone could look at EpicWeb and say “I dont think so” its a negative for their sales team :slight_smile:

Yes WIP is Garbage! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed it would be better to fix their actual products. Like the many issues in Quick Ship preventing correct international shipments.

I think we’ve beaten up Epicor enough here. We all agree, Epicweb is wonderful resource, and a little slow.

https://i.imgur.com/CxzRW9s.gif?noredirect

4 Likes

Hey, we closed this!

3 Likes