EpicWeb is the slowest website in the world

EpicWeb is the slowest website in the world. Why?

Homepage:

Downloads:

3 Likes

It’s terrible. I dread using it. We have REALLY good internet and it takes ages to do anything with EpicWeb.

3 Likes

It has gotten worse over the last 2 weeks. Same here

2 Likes

Time to first byte (TTFB ) is a measurement used as an indication of the responsiveness of a webserver or other network resource. TTFB measures the duration from the user or client making an HTTP request to the first byte of the page being received by the client’s browser.

This is basically a sign of issues on the Hosted Server, Poor CPU, Poor RAM or misconfiguration.

Average Time to First Byte is 100-500ms. Google says to aim for 200ms

1 Like

You’d think Epicor could afford to put some more resources behind it.

1 Like

If you pay your maintenance agreement, I think so… (sarcasm) :smiley:

2 Likes

I must have been bored the other week, because I actually raised an EpicCare case on this… CS0002275426 If anybody else wants to jump on it to add weight that would be fantastic!

Basically the UK support agent passed it to EpicWeb team, who came back with:
Hi Mark,

I received information from EpicWeb team that they can’t move EpicWeb downloads to DocStar server unfortunately. The download speed is related to user’s connection speed.

Me including the image of 2 simultaneous downloads, from one EpicWeb and one from DocStar servers seems to have been ignored by everybody involved Epicor end!

3 Likes

Holy Bleep wow :smiley: It has nothing to do with internet… I am on Fiber 1GBPs and even with Ethernet its boinkers. Luckily I use FTP.

1 Like

Reminds me of the days when I finally got a 9600 baud modem and I was able to download a program from the RBBS in 36 hours…

4 Likes

Honestly some of the responses from support are laughable!

Hoping they don’t suddenly move the docStar downloads to the same EpicWeb server!!

Who is this amazing person using the title of DocStar Product Manager - give them a promotion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@markdamen Maybe you got them to fix it already :slight_smile: I am downloading it twice at 2 and 5 MB/s. It does slow down every few minutes, but then picks back up.

SolarWinds’ Orion NMS being used? :wink:

It downloads fast in the US – not UK. However downloads aside, the site is slow. The Downloads once they start not bad for me in US.

@hkeric.wci I rarely go there except to download and I was just curious today and accidently double clicked to get the two of them. We have great internet here not just speed, but all of the infrastructure in this area, so I am lucky.

@discobot what do you think?

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Argue for your limitations, and sure enough theyre yours. — Richard Bach

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

It seems that @hkeric.wci has good data to say it is not the “user’s” internet connection. That can go back to support.

1 Like