Error in assigning User Codes to EpiCombo

I’m attempting to assign User Codes to an EpiCombo in a customization. Why am I getting this error?

Here are the properties for the control. Am I missing something?

This is on Time and Expense Entry, and the intent is to generate a list of indirect labor codes, but filtered by the department the employee works in. But how can I get them all to show first?

I can’t remember if it’s UD codes for sure but try changing the ListDataSet to RowsDataSet for EpiDataSetMode.

3 Likes

That did it, thanks!

1 Like

So the question now is, how to filter based on another value in the dataset, specifically LaborDtl.JCDept

If JCDept is a particular value, I want one CodeTypeID returned, if it’s not that value, I want a different CodeTypeID returned.

Setting the filtering like this produces an error:

Is that the correct place/syntax?

Use single ticks not quotes. That needs to be SQL Syntax. It gets executed on SQL.

1 Like

Nice!

This is getting to the edge of my comfort zone. I know you can reference other fields from your form with a certain ?syntax and set the filter to equal them. So if in your form, you have a field for the LaborDtl.JCDept, you should be able to use that syntax to replace LaborDtl.JCDept. But that column won’t be in your EpiCombo Rows dataset to filter with. Looks like @hkeric.wci linked you to something that shows that syntax you need to use. Teamwork!

So I got it to work with this:

Weird how the EpiFiltersAppend is using a VBA style expression, but it works nonetheless.

Thanks for everyone’s input!