Error Log Message

All,

Thanks for the replies. I have one user getting kicked out for unknown reason (Win95 on an old PC!). I think it's the PC kicking him out. I will replace the PC & see if this stops.

Thanks,

John

Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:39:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Error Log Message

One of you server procesess backout one or more incomplete transactions. Something caused a process to fail to complete, and the server took steps toi preserve the data integrity of your data base. Are there any other error messages at around the same time, or just
before this one? User logout? Hangup signal? Did a user report being forced off, or in some way loose his/her connection to the data base? Also what version of Progress?

"Hiatt Manufacturing, Inc." wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know what the following message in my error log means?
>
> Tue Jul 18 00:33:29 2000
> Vantage Live - 11:29:32 SRV 3: Begin transaction backout. (2252)
> Vantage Live - 11:29:32 SRV 3: Transaction backout completed. (2253)
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Mueske
> I.S. Manager
> Hiatt Manufacturing, Inc.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hello,

Does anyone know what the following message in my error log means?

Tue Jul 18 00:33:29 2000
Vantage Live - 11:29:32 SRV 3: Begin transaction backout. (2252)
Vantage Live - 11:29:32 SRV 3: Transaction backout completed. (2253)

Thanks,

John Mueske
I.S. Manager
Hiatt Manufacturing, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
One of you server procesess backout one or more incomplete transactions. Something caused a process to fail to complete, and the server took steps toi preserve the data integrity of your data base. Are there any other error messages at around the same time, or just
before this one? User logout? Hangup signal? Did a user report being forced off, or in some way loose his/her connection to the data base? Also what version of Progress?

> Hello,
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Mueske
> I.S. Manager
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> We no longer allow attachments to files. To access/share Report Files, please go to the following link: http://www.egroups.com/files/vantage/
> (Note: If this link does not work for you the first time you try it, go to www.egroups.com, login and be sure to save your password, choose My Groups, choose Vantage, then choose Files. If you save the password, the link above will work the next time you try it.)
2252 - This informational message is written to the database log (.lg) file when a user is being disconnected from the database.

2253 - This informational message is written to the database log (.lg) file when a user is being disconnected from the database.

John, I do not know much more than that. (I cheated on this by looking in the data dictionary in messages.) I hope it helps.

Dina
Vamco International, Inc.

> Hello,
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Mueske
> I.S. Manager
>
>