Anyone with better understanding - up for creating a Experts Corner Article sharing the best practices (pros/cons) of Customizing Epicor, BAQs, BPMs and Reports with Language Packs in Mind?
Such as what not do to vs the proper way to support let’s say English to Spanish:
- Hard-Coding Label Values is a NO? How to make use of Translation Table
- Hard-Coding Label Values in SSRS Reports? Whats the proper way
- UserCodes to support Translation? (CGCCode Column)
- Hard-Coding Grid Headings in UI and BAQs and Dashboards
- Hard-Coding Messages in (MessageBox) in a Customization
- Hard-Coding Messages in BPMs (Exceptions, InfoMsgBox)
- Is there a special naming convention one should use to differentiate btw Custom Labels vs Epicor out of box such as _c
I think it would be sufficient to pretend we are going from English to Spanish and how to handle 1 example in UI Form, UI EpiMessageBox, BPM MsgBox, Grid, BAQ, Dashboard, SSRS, RDD…
Who do you nominate?
- Rich Riley
- Nathan Anderson
- Bart Elia
- Chris Conn