Fastest UD field retrieval

What is the fastest way to retrieve the value of a UD field on the OrderHed_UD table in C# using Epicor version 10.1.600.30?

Bit of an odd question, but I’d ask if you are using a BPM or something else first?

I am using a form customization. I know GetList is very fast but it does not return UD fields. I usually fall to GetRows as my next option which is slower. GetByID is really slow. Using a BAQ to retireve the data is slow. I was wondering if there was something else to try that is faster than GetRows.

BOReader perhaps.

2 Likes

+1 for BO reader

1 Like

BO Reader, BAQDataView, FKV, couple different options depending on your end goal use of said UD Field.

1 Like

BOReader seems to be twice as fast as GetRows. Thanks! Someone marked Jose as providing the solution. I unchecked it. Then checked it back! You can’t stop me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Nice. I’d like to optimize my customizations to use BOReader. Original author used lots of GetByID’s. I was going to change those to use specific BAQs (which I thought what optimal (returning fewer rows) but now that i’m seeing this is the optimal solution. Thanks guys!