Feels like the early 90s again. No one calling me

With the AT&T issues right now, I’m not sure if I’m ecstatic, or upset. :rofl:

2 Likes

beeper pager GIF by AT&T

1 Like

You don’t realize how much you rely on the cellular network. I stepped out to go to the doctor’s office and on the way I couldn’t send an email to let people know I was leaving or when I’d be back. In the waiting room I sat there and stared at the wall… couldn’t check emails or scroll… On the way back I couldn’t find a podcast to listen to. What did people do with all their extra empty time back then??? Listen to the radio?

1 Like

Listen to the radio.
Doodle.
Read magazines, pamphlets, shampoo bottles.
Nap

Go outside…

…Talk to people

2 Likes

GASP! How dare you sir!

1 Like

I’m on T-Mobile. The network is up, though I’m pretty sure hackers are currently compromising their systems and stealing my identity again.

1 Like

Yeah. We’re IT. The ability to NOT talk to people is why we got into IT in the first place.

3 Likes

Back in the olden days we used smoke signals or pony express. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

GretaMonkey

2 Likes

I remember the day…

1 Like

My wife lost signal and called me from a landline to let me know her phone wasnt working. Since I am the technical one she was expecting me to fix it from our house while she was at work like it was something I did. :laughing:

I hope you didn’t get as annoyed with her as I do when my co-workers repeatedly think things like that. :joy:

I was still in bed when she called. I hit her with ol’ reliable…

“Have you tried turning it off and back on again?” Which she replied “yes” so I went with my backup…

“Try again and I will call you back.”

After a quick google I realized it wasn’t her phone and she thanked me and went back to work.

1 Like

Our helpdesk has fielded several calls today about the user’s phones not working. Company phones aren’t on AT&T. They’re expecting us to fix their personal phones.

It’s fair game to bill these people my personal consulting rate, right?

Mine came back up.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

I was already getting my clothes back out.

Dance Dancing GIF by Neurads