Fire the BAQCombo in code on Form Load

Is there anyway to have a BAQCombo populate the result to the control like you selected the dropdown arrow in the code on a Form Load?

If you set the value member to see the display member before selecting the BAQCombo nothing shows up in the BAQCombo control. But if you select the drop down one time when you first open the form any subsequent value assignments displays the correct DisplayMember.

I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to do, but here is a bit of code I use in my customizations to ensure that two combo boxes stay in synch with each other. In my case I have one combo box that shows the ResourceGroupID Description, and a second that shows the ResourceGroupID ID#. In this way users can either choose the resource group ID by the ID code or the description. Depending on which combo they pick, the other combo will fill in automatically. Both combo boxes share the same value field and the only difference is the display field. This is why I can just set the value of one field to the other. This might work in your case. Good luck!

private void MyRGID_ValueChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs args)
	{
		// RGID shows the resource group ID code
MyResourceID.Value = MyRGID.Value;
	}

private void MyResourceID_ValueChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs args)
	{
		// MyResourceID shows the description

MyRGID.Value = MyResourceID.Value;
	}

Nate
Thanks for the reply. The problem is when you load the form the BAQCombo does not populate the List that would show like if you clicked the down arrow on the ComboBox. Not sure this is even possible.

I just told the user to click the combo dropdown after they made a new record and after that the list is populated.

Almost everything is possible, but should it be done, is another question.

What are you trying to accomplish with this entry. Will it be a datapoint for the underlying data? If so, I would think a row rule on new record would get you what you’re after, but without more details it’s hard to know if this is what you’re after.